New to OB! Residing in Honaker, VA

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

20181010_102203.jpg Hello all! My name is Joey Stanley and I am most definately a novice to over landing! I do alot of trail riding in my arctic cat trail but I rarely have the downtime to go riding anymore. I drive over the road cdl and see so many places that blow my mind!!!!
I currently have a 2016 toyota tacoma sport quad cab and am looking to modify it for overlanding! I currently have a camper shell on order and it will have the racks with it and I'm debating on going with the rooftop tent or custom build an overland trailer to tow behind! Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated! I'd love to he able to take vacation and optimize my off time by overlanding for a week next summer along the gulf coast of Texas! I have seen videos of beach camping and it is really appealing!

Sorry for the rambling! Anyways, great to be here and hope to meet some of you folks in the future! :smiley:20181010_102218.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 71790 Hello all! My name is Joey Stanley and I am most definately a novice to over landing! I do alot of trail riding in my arctic cat trail but I rarely have the downtime to go riding anymore. I drive over the road cdl and see so many places that blow my mind!!!!
I currently have a 2016 toyota tacoma sport quad cab and am looking to modify it for overlanding! I currently have a camper shell on order and it will have the racks with it and I'm debating on going with the rooftop tent or custom build an overland trailer to tow behind! Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated! I'd love to he able to take vacation and optimize my off time by overlanding for a week next summer along the gulf coast of Texas! I have seen videos of beach camping and it is really appealing!

Sorry for the rambling! Anyways, great to be here and hope to meet some of you folks in the future! :smiley:View attachment 71789
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

View attachment 71790 Hello all! My name is Joey Stanley and I am most definately a novice to over landing! I do alot of trail riding in my arctic cat trail but I rarely have the downtime to go riding anymore. I drive over the road cdl and see so many places that blow my mind!!!!

Sorry for the rambling! Anyways, great to be here and hope to meet some of you folks in the future! :smiley:View attachment 71789
Welcome from NOVA/DC!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Joey and welcome to the OB crew....great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Welcome to OB and the East Region! There is more and more going on in the East Region as we grow and I hope to see you at some events! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Check out the Calendar and Rally Point Events to see if something peaks your interests.

If you are on Facebook look us up at the OB East Regional page (type in your OB Member # when asking to join.)

Reactions: Stanley_joey2692