Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bellevue, TN 37221, USA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Goodson
Member #

Just picked up my new truck. With everything shut down, I'm spending most of my time trying to figure out what to do to it. There are a few things I know I want to do.

* Rock Sliders
* Winch and bumper
* Trying to decided between a camper shell, or a tonneau (sp?) cover.

What suggestions do you experienced Tacoma owners have? On brands for the above or other mods that should be done.

IMG_20200404_174855.jpg

Reactions: Marine0811

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Not a tacoma owner but similar chevy colorado, if you are planning to haul anything, tow anything or put a camper top on it id get that rear end lifted up about 2 inches. Looks like it has front leveling blocks on it, that front up look is good if going for the baja prerunner look not so great when using it as a everyday truck.
If you want to keep the nose up look and tow or haul stuff look at air ride helper bags for the rear you can air em up when you need the extra hauling and deflate when you want that baja look.

Wait though till youve got the bumper and winch on it though before you mess with the suspension the weight may bring the nose down rake back

Reactions: RoarinRow

agoodson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bellevue, TN 37221, USA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Goodson
Member #

Not a tacoma owner but similar chevy colorado, if you are planning to haul anything, tow anything or put a camper top on it id get that rear end lifted up about 2 inches. Looks like it has front leveling blocks on it, that front up look is good if going for the baja prerunner look not so great when using it as a everyday truck.
If you want to keep the nose up look and tow or haul stuff look at air ride helper bags for the rear you can air em up when you need the extra hauling and deflate when you want that baja look.

Wait though till youve got the bumper and winch on it though before you mess with the suspension the weight may bring the nose down rake back
Thanks! Someone else mentioned something similar to me about the leveling blocks.
ADG

Murray.kolz

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Murray
Last Name
Kolz
Member #

The real question is what do you ant to do with your truck. The taco is a great platform to do a lot with. Are you planning on camping or just running some trails or drive it around town? My recommendation first is bigger tires and lift and armor, first being sliders and so on. Congrats on the taco hope you like it as much as I love mine