Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
The best two persons I can think of are @El-Dracho / Bjoern and @NotGumby / Rick
Both are very common with the laws and rules in Germany and also Rick does know his way around in the US scene.
So, try to contact them and I know for sure they can help you out.
Thanks for referring me. As mentioned above, I am always happy to help. @CodyDE Just shoot me a message if you like!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

hahahaha, of course.

If I try to help, I look to geographical position, knowledge, experience and of course how a person is in the world of Overland Bound.

It really does help when more capable people, willing people are popping up across Europe. So, I can get people close to the one who is new/in need or such.
I hope we will have soon so many good, capable people through europe which I hope to get to know all in person that helping people out is like visiting your neighbour.

Lets get there.

Reactions: El-Dracho

arjan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Hondón de las Nieves, Spanje
First Name
arjan
Last Name
sloot
Member #

Hi everyone. My name is Cody and I am from the U.S., but now live in Germany, near Stuttgart. I started overlanding in Colorado after buying a Land Cruiser and really enjoyed the hobby.

I would like to start overlanding in Europe now but have a lot to learn when it comes to vehicle modification restrictions, camping restrictions, and places to go. It seems like the overland community is very dedicated over here and I look forward to learning from you all!
Welcome cody. And here youncan ask away offcourse

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello, my Name is Holger, i am from Germany and my Rig is a Ford Ranger 2.2 from 2016. I and my wife love do Drive in the French Vosges mountains and the Ardennes.Other Other destinations are Scandinavia and Italy.
Hello Holger,

Nice rig! Enjoy!

So, you are about 1h drive away from me. Hopefully we can meet in person once these C19 restrictions are over!

We have in mind to have a first aid training in summer in the area here, tailored to our overlanding and outdoor needs:

Maybe this is interesting for you?

Or join the virtual OB Mid Europe campfire:

Next one will be on 15th Jan 8 PM CET.

Cheers, Björn

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hello, my Name is Holger, i am from Germany and my Rig is a Ford Ranger 2.2 from 2016. I and my wife love do Drive in the French Vosges mountains and the Ardennes.Other Other destinations are Scandinavia and Italy.
Hello Holger! Welcome to the group. I’m in FFM. Hopefully we’ll get a chance to meet at a Rally Point once the situation changes. Be sure to check out our FB group and WhatsApp group if you haven’t already. Until then, all the best! Rick

amilabanuka

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Tussen de Vaarten Noord, Almere, Netherlands
First Name
Amila
Last Name
Amarasinghe
Member #

Nice to be here. name is Amila, originally from Sri Lanka but now in the Netherlands. being doing camping, off-roading in SL but a newbie to the EU.
don't have a full 4x4 yet running around in a Subaru forester so far. will look around to find some good trips that suit a Subi around NL, Germany, and Belgium.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello @amilabanuka,

Hartelijk welkom hier.
If you need a thing, help or info, dont hesitate and call out.
Everybody, inclusing me will be happy to help.
Join us for chit chat on Whatsapp
or Facebook.

Were so you live in the Netherlands?

Greetings from Robert

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Nice to be here. name is Amila, originally from Sri Lanka but now in the Netherlands. being doing camping, off-roading in SL but a newbie to the EU.
don't have a full 4x4 yet running around in a Subaru forester so far. will look around to find some good trips that suit a Subi around NL, Germany, and Belgium.
Hi Amila and welcome to OB!

Hopefully we can meet in person this year!

If you like you are welcome to join the virtual Mid Europe campfire. It takes place Friday every 2nd week. The neyt one will be on 29th January 20PM CET.

Cheers, Björn

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Welcome again Amila! Looking forward to seeing you at a Rally Point this year!