New Mid Europe members start here

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Mojave Flyer

Rank 0

Traveler I

Esslingen, Germany
First Name
Jim
Last Name
B
Hello all. New to Overland Bound. Many years experience hiking, RV camping, trail horseback camping, but new to the overland community. In southern Germany for a few years for work and saw all of the great overlanding videos of the western alps of Italy and France and decided we have to experience it.

I have a 2004 BMW X5 3.0. COVID has prevented much travel lately so I am using the time to get my stuff together to hit the trails as soon as we can. Would love to hear from anyone in Southern Germany or anyone that has any tips for a BMW X5. Chose the X5 because it is the vehicle I have and since I've owned it since new, I know the maintenance and reliability. Got a few things in the works like tires, wheels, and suspension overhaul (bushings, shocks, etc.) to make sure everything is in tip top shape.

Look forward to hearing from the community!

Jim

Attachments

El-Dracho

Mid Europe Member Rep Germany
Supporter

Explorer I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Jim,

Welcome to OB! Enjoy!

Hopefully we can meet on some trails soon once these C19 restrictions are over and it is responsible to meet again!

Because we cannot meet in person at the moment we have launched the virtual OB Mid Europe campfire. The next will be on 29th January at 8PM CET. If you like your are welocme to join for some good talks. All details in the Rally Point:

Cheers, Björn

NotGumby

Mid Europe Member Rep

Member III

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Gumby
Member #

Service Branch
Army 11B
Hello all. New to Overland Bound. Many years experience hiking, RV camping, trail horseback camping, but new to the overland community. In southern Germany for a few years for work and saw all of the great overlanding videos of the western alps of Italy and France and decided we have to experience it.

I have a 2004 BMW X5 3.0. COVID has prevented much travel lately so I am using the time to get my stuff together to hit the trails as soon as we can. Would love to hear from anyone in Southern Germany or anyone that has any tips for a BMW X5. Chose the X5 because it is the vehicle I have and since I've owned it since new, I know the maintenance and reliability. Got a few things in the works like tires, wheels, and suspension overhaul (bushings, shocks, etc.) to make sure everything is in tip top shape.

Look forward to hearing from the community!

Jim
Welcome Jim! There are definitely some nice trips to be had in Italy and France. If you're planning a trip and would like some tips, just let me know. We spent 2 weeks in the West Alps last year before the lockdown. This was our third trip to the area. The Mid-Europe group has some regular meets throughout the year so keep your eyes on the Rally Points once things settle down. Look forward to seeing you on the trail... Until then, all the best.

Rick

Mojave Flyer

Rank 0

Traveler I

Esslingen, Germany
First Name
Jim
Last Name
B
Welcome Jim! There are definitely some nice trips to be had in Italy and France. If you're planning a trip and would like some tips, just let me know. We spent 2 weeks in the West Alps last year before the lockdown. This was our third trip to the area. The Mid-Europe group has some regular meets throughout the year so keep your eyes on the Rally Points once things settle down. Look forward to seeing you on the trail... Until then, all the best.

Rick
Hey Rick. That is great news. The western alps trip is in the works this summer. I have watched every YouTube on the area, bought a couple guide books, and downloaded all the map apps. Would love to see the routes you took and where you camped along the way. Fort Jafferau is the highlight but the whole area looks spectacular.

Will definitely be in touch.

Thanks,
Jim

Reactions: NotGumby

PaytenD

Rank I

Traveler I

Alamogordo, New Mexico
Member #

Hello everyone I’m Payten and I just moved here to Germany near Bernkastle. We love to camp and get out and enjoy nature with likeminded people! We can’t wait for these covid restrictions to lift so that we can explore. I’ve come to find that the language barrier is much more tough than I thought it would be.

Attachments

El-Dracho

Supporter

Explorer I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham Callsign
DO3BE
Hello everyone I’m Payten and I just moved here to Germany near Bernkastle. We love to camp and get out and enjoy nature with likeminded people! We can’t wait for these covid restrictions to lift so that we can explore. I’ve come to find that the language barrier is much more tough than I thought it would be.

Hi Payten,

So also here again a welcome and to OB and welcome to Germany!

As already said, we have established a virtual campfire for OB Europe for the current period when we cannot meet in person. If you like you are weclome to join! Next one will be on 7th May 8PM CET. Details in the Rally Point:

That is a nice rig which is not so common in Germany!

And now good arrive, have fun looking around here and I hope to see you on some trails soon!

If you have any questions in the meantime, please let me know. I am always happy to help!

Cheers,
Björn

Reactions: PaytenD

Robert OB 33/48

Mid Europe Region Director
Founder 500
Supporter

Pathfinder II

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Payten,

Welcome to the Forum, but most of all welcome to the community.

If I can help with questions, and providing info I am happy to do so.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

You will find nearly everything on the forum in generall about Overlanding. So just dive in and have fun.

Join us also in the whatsapp group for Mid Europe and our Facebook page.

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you somewhere out on a track/event. Hopefully soon if Covid doesnt mess up again.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: El-Dracho

Contributor I

Wadern, Deutschland
First Name
Tobias
Last Name
Ripperger
Hi there,

my name is Tobias, 33 years young and I live in Wadern, Germany.

I am a huntsman, using my Rig, a 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 door, actually as my daily and my hunting car.

In future, we will travel the world with car and that's why I am here. To meet some people who also love this way of life and to get some help within the beginning, as I am a novice to overlanding.

At the moment I am building my drawer system. After that, well, we will see what changes will be made to the rig.

Regards,

Tobias

Robert OB 33/48

Mid Europe Region Director
Founder 500
Supporter

Pathfinder II

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Tobias,

Welcome to the Forum, but most of all welcome to the community.

If I can help with questions, and providing info I am happy to do so.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

You will find nearly everything on the forum in generall about Overlanding. So just dive in and have fun.

Join us also in the whatsapp group for Mid Europe and our Facebook page.

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you somewhere out on a track/event.

Greetings from Robert

NotGumby

Mid Europe Member Rep

Member III

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Gumby
Member #

Service Branch
Army 11B
Hi there,

my name is Tobias, 33 years young and I live in Wadern, Germany.

I am a huntsman, using my Rig, a 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 door, actually as my daily and my hunting car.

In future, we will travel the world with car and that's why I am here. To meet some people who also love this way of life and to get some help within the beginning, as I am a novice to overlanding.

At the moment I am building my drawer system. After that, well, we will see what changes will be made to the rig.

Regards,

Tobias
Welcome again Tobias! Glad to see you connected to the WhatsApp group. There is a wealth of information here for you and specifically for your Jeep. Keep your eye on the forums for Mid-Europe. Hopefully there will be a meet soon. The next big meet is the gathering at Bad Kissingen for the Abenteuer & Allrad Messe in October. If you haven’t been, you should definitely come. The Messe is great - lots of ideas. The campground - with 100s of rigs - has those ideas umgesetzt. There is a rally point set up. Maybe we’ll see you there, or somewhere else on the trail.

Until then, all the best.
Rick

El-Dracho

Supporter

Explorer I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Tobias!

Welcome to OverlandBound! Enjoy the time here. You will find plenty of information around overlanding here. If I can help with something, just let me know, please. Always happy to help.

Cheers
Björn

Reactions: NotGumby