Rank IV

Navigator II

Grans, France
First Name
Vincent
Last Name
Facquet
Member #

Welcome Ad and I hope you will find what you get.
Besides the forum we do have an FB page and a Whatsappgroup

I hope you will have safe travels and maybe we will see eachother somewhere some place

Greetings from Robert

Thanks I’ve just joined both of them.

uncompromise

Rank V

Advocate I

Buzy, Pyrénées-Atlantiques, France
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Hi everyone - copying and pasting from my intro in the main forum:

Location: South of France (via most of Australia and California)
Rig: 2004 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 DiD (LWB Gen 3 Montero with a diesel engine if you're not familiar)
Experience: It's been a while since I've done any truly 'vehicle dependent travel'. I used to own a Landcruiser Troopy that I drove all over Australia, but that was two decades ago. My wife and I hike, backpack and camp a lot, so we're using our vehicle as both an overlander, and as a base station for multi-day treks, or multiple day hikes from a central location. We are building out our Pajero for a combination of on and off-road travel throughout Europe, West Asia & North Africa.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi everyone - copying and pasting from my intro in the main forum:

Location: South of France (via most of Australia and California)
Rig: 2004 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 DiD (LWB Gen 3 Montero with a diesel engine if you're not familiar)
Experience: It's been a while since I've done any truly 'vehicle dependent travel'. I used to own a Landcruiser Troopy that I drove all over Australia, but that was two decades ago. My wife and I hike, backpack and camp a lot, so we're using our vehicle as both an overlander, and as a base station for multi-day treks, or multiple day hikes from a central location. We are building out our Pajero for a combination of on and off-road travel throughout Europe, West Asia & North Africa.
Welcome to OB! Enjoy!

Reactions: acid9burn

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello you two,

Wilkommen hier und viel viel spass.
We do have a FB page and a Whatsappgroup. The latter for informal chat.
and

so if you like to join there as well, I say welcome.

You really have a nice Rig there. I love the G wagon.
If you look at the Rally points, events on FB and listen to the chatter then you will notice that we like to do some meet and drives with eachother.
I really hope to see you on one of those moments.

See you around and if there is a question or some help needed, just call out.

Greetings from Robert

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello!

Welcome to OB! Enjoy overlanding and the forum here! Nice G-Wagon!

We will be in Bavaria in October. Maybe a chance to meet in person?!

Cheers, Bjoern

Maui

Rank II

Contributor III

Herdecke
First Name
Maurizio
Last Name
Maggiorelli
Member #

Hey everyone,
sending greetings from Dortmund, Germany

Just ordered my membership and cant wait to be a part of this community.

My name is Maurizio and overlanding always had a special place in my heart even before I heard of the term itself.

For me it all started while I was working on a dairy Farm on the southern island of New Zealand.

During that time I was regularly venturing out into the country and mountains for a couple of days at a time with my t(rusty), totally not always overheating, Toyota Hilux Surf (4Runner).

These trips always had a kind of meditational effect on me, just getting away from everything helped me reset.

Roadtrips/nature and remote camping always had a special place in my heart anyways.

Back in Germany 4 years ago I started working an office job in IT, bought a 91 Jeep Wrangler YJ 2,5 that has not let me down to this day.

I daily drive it and got more into short offroading trips while at the same time doing less traveling/overlanding.

I wanna change that, thats why I am here.

I‘m really looking forward to getting to know this amazing community, and living more of the overland lifestyle again.

Here are some pics of my old Yota and current Jeep.

Attachments

Last edited:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Maurizio ,

Welcome to OB! Enjoy the forum here!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Would be happy to meet in person one day! Do you attend overlander/ travel meetings usually (this year many were cancelled of course, some took place)? Looking forward to next year and when everything eased up a bit so that more meetings could take place again!

Cheers, Bjoern

Reactions: Maui

Maui

Rank II

Contributor III

Herdecke
First Name
Maurizio
Last Name
Maggiorelli
Member #

Hi Maurizio ,

Welcome to OB! Enjoy the forum here!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Would be happy to meet in person one day! Do you attend overlander/ travel meetings usually (this year many were cancelled of course, some took place)? Looking forward to next year and when everything eased up a bit so that more meetings could take place again!

Cheers, Bjoern
Thank you! I have yet to attend any OB Meetups, but definetely planning on doing so and meeting yall in person.

Reactions: El-Dracho

CodyDE

Rank 0

Contributor I

Germany
First Name
Cody
Last Name
J
Hi everyone. My name is Cody and I am from the U.S., but now live in Germany, near Stuttgart. I started overlanding in Colorado after buying a Land Cruiser and really enjoyed the hobby.

I would like to start overlanding in Europe now but have a lot to learn when it comes to vehicle modification restrictions, camping restrictions, and places to go. It seems like the overland community is very dedicated over here and I look forward to learning from you all!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Cody,

Welcome and if you need something, dont hesitate to ask.
There are several German members who can help you with the mods and the restrictions.
Most important, dow your rig has US license plates or German license plates?

Greetings from Robert

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Cody,

Welcome to OB! Alway nice to see when the community is growing here! Enjoy!

There are plenty of information related to overlanding in Europe here and many members who are very helpful. If you have any specific questions on the topics mentioned by you such as vehicle modification rules, camping or recommended places to go feel free to ask. Always happy to help!

I am based near Mannheim, so not far away from Stuttgart. I hope we can meet if you like after the strict C19 related rules are easing up a bit.

Cheers, Bjoern

CodyDE

Rank 0

Contributor I

Germany
First Name
Cody
Last Name
J
Hello Cody,

Welcome and if you need something, dont hesitate to ask.
There are several German members who can help you with the mods and the restrictions.
Most important, dow your rig has US license plates or German license plates?

Greetings from Robert
Hi Robert. It will have German plates.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Reactions: El-Dracho

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

The best two persons I can think of are @El-Dracho / Bjoern and @NotGumby / Rick
Both are very common with the laws and rules in Germany and also Rick does know his way around in the US scene.
So, try to contact them and I know for sure they can help you out.