Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Hello and welcome to all new members :)

The main forum to introduce yourself to all members is here but as @Rockwilder mentioned it, it is a worldwide section and as OB is very active, new posts can be swallowed quickly and we can miss some of our Mid Europe new members. So the idea is to also post something here, as we really want our community to grow with quality relationships and we don’t want to miss the opportunity to welcome you and get to know you.

@Polaris Overland can you please make this post on top? thanks ;)

Last edited:

Rockwilder

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
First Name
Jacques
Last Name
Nilles
Member #

The main forum to introduce yourself to other members to all members is here but as @Rockwilder mentioned it, it is a worldwide section and as OB is very active, new posts can be swallowed quickly and we can miss some of our Mid Europe new members. So the idea is to also post something here, as we really want our community to grow with quality relationships and we don’t want to miss the opportunity to welcome you and get to know you.

Thanks Angus for the Initiative.

HI I am Jacques from Luxembourg
My rig is a 2013 G-Wagon Professional camper conversion
Experience: 2011/12 - 1 year living in a tent and a car trough Australia and New Zealand
Since then we made several trips with our rig here in Europe where unfortunately it gets more and more difficult to find spots to stay overnight in the nature.

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Welcome Jacques and thank you for your excellent idea of creating this welcome section dedicated to new Mid Europe members. It was so obvious as soon as you pointed that out, so thank you again, i think it will help a lot here :)

It sounds like you have plenty of good stories to tell, can't wait to listening to them :)

Last edited:

Nathansharkey

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

New Castle, DE, USA
First Name
NATHAN
Last Name
Sharkey
Member #

I would like to bring the country of Georgia to your attention. I have been camping and overlanding through Georgia and Azerbaijan for the last year and I would recommend and invite anyone to come to Georgia to take in some of the amazing places here. Please PM me if you want any information or you need any help.

AdventurousRover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leuven, België
First Name
Ruud
Last Name
Boydens
Member #

The main forum to introduce yourself to all members is here but as @Rockwilder mentioned it, it is a worldwide section and as OB is very active, new posts can be swallowed quickly and we can miss some of our Mid Europe new members. So the idea is to also post something here, as we really want our community to grow with quality relationships and we don’t want to miss the opportunity to welcome you and get to know you.

I do like this initiative as well as it gets really hard overlanding in mid europe these days!

So I'll go ahead here:

Hello everyone,
We are the Adventurous Rover, a family of 5 from Belgium

Rig: 2014 Land Rover Defender 110 CSW Td4 with 2 rooftop tents and a few other enhancements
Experience: Did some trips around Europe and Africa but unfortunately until now always limited in time, so no trips longer then a month.

AdventurousRover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leuven, België
First Name
Ruud
Last Name
Boydens
Member #

I would like to bring the country of Georgia to your attention. I have been camping and overlanding through Georgia and Azerbaijan for the last year and I would recommend and invite anyone to come to Georgia to take in some of the amazing places here. Please PM me if you want any information or you need any help.
thanks for the offer and Georgia is on our bucket list, but this will only be possible for more-week trips. If you have weekend ideas they are welcome as well!

AdventurousRover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leuven, België
First Name
Ruud
Last Name
Boydens
Member #

I have a perfect weekend trip for you belgians.
We could go together if you like.
It's in the champagne region of France.
You can do it in 2 days and 2 night, but ist better in 3 days and 3 nigts
If you send me you're email via chat i Will send you the gpx files :)
sounds like a great idea for a rally point ;-)

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I have a perfect weekend trip for you belgians.
We could go together if you like.
It's in the champagne region of France.
You can do it in 2 days and 2 night, but ist better in 3 days and 3 nigts
If you send me you're email via chat i Will send you the gpx files :)
Why just the Belgians?
I never do a thing for just one group. And everybody is welcome.
One of the main reasons for me to join OB is that @Michael and @Corrie dont exclude people.
Would love to join others on their organised trips.

Peejay7

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Jennison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Loulouoverland
Hi, Paul and Anita travelling as Loulouoverland, we've been on the road for nearly 6 weeks in Belgium, Holland and Germany.
We're in our white 110 Defender and camping trailer. Had the great pleasure of meeting a few of you at the Abenteur allrad weekend, 105617

AdventurousRover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leuven, België
First Name
Ruud
Last Name
Boydens
Member #

Hi, Paul and Anita travelling as Loulouoverland, we've been on the road for nearly 6 weeks in Belgium, Holland and Germany.
We're in our white 110 Defender and camping trailer. Had the great pleasure of meeting a few of you at the Abenteur allrad weekend, View attachment 105617
Welcome! That's an awsome setup you have there!

Reactions: Peejay7