Enthusiast I

Eugene, Oregon
First Name
Razor
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Hello!

Novice Overlander here in Oregon (Eugene). Just getting into exploring more with the family and co-workers. Figured a solid starting point, aside from the vehicle is getting into a community that knows what's up.

I also really dig turning those unlikely or not-market supported vehicle into a formitible Overlander-ish 4x4.

Currently in a 2014 Dodge Durango Citadel (Modded) or the SOs 2018 VW Atlas (stock - in the process of figuring out a path with it). Before this I was in a 2008 Ford Sport Trac (Modded), and before that I was in a bone stock 1997 Dodge Dakota.

My experience started in about 2011 when I left IL -> OR for my career. I camped in the back of my Dakota the whole way. Then once I got to OR I spent every single weekend the first two years exploring for waterfalls around OR. Camped in the back of my pickup.

Soon after that I realized a 2WD Dakota just isn't doing it for me, so I got a Sport Trac. It was GREAT! ... then I had a daughter! My SO has a couple previous kids so I needed to UPGRADE. In comes my Durango. Then soon after my SO wanted something fun/functional so she got an Atlas.

Thus far we've tent camped, and pop-up trailer camped, looking into getting some vehicle tents, maybe even a trailer to pull. We don't have the most 'off-road' vehicles, but the mods I'm doing help.

2014 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD (Current)

2008 Ford Sport Trac (Sold)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

Novice Overlander here in Oregon (Eugene). Just getting into exploring more with the family and co-workers. Figured a solid starting point, aside from the vehicle is getting into a community that knows what's up.

I also really dig turning those unlikely or not-market supported vehicle into a formitible Overlander-ish 4x4.

Currently in a 2014 Dodge Durango Citadel (Modded) or the SOs 2018 VW Atlas (stock - in the process of figuring out a path with it). Before this I was in a 2008 Ford Sport Trac (Modded), and before that I was in a bone stock 1997 Dodge Dakota.

My experience started in about 2011 when I left IL -> OR for my career. I camped in the back of my Dakota the whole way. Then once I got to OR I spent every single weekend the first two years exploring for waterfalls around OR. Camped in the back of my pickup.

Soon after that I realized a 2WD Dakota just isn't doing it for me, so I got a Sport Trac. It was GREAT! ... then I had a daughter! My SO has a couple previous kids so I needed to UPGRADE. In comes my Durango. Then soon after my SO wanted something fun/functional so she got an Atlas.

Thus far we've tent camped, and pop-up trailer camped, looking into getting some vehicle tents, maybe even a trailer to pull. We don't have the most 'off-road' vehicles, but the mods I'm doing help.

Welcome to Overland Bound!

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R
Here is the Regional meet-up September 22
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/overland-bound-northwest-regional-meet-up/

Reactions: Razor Rodriguez

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello!

Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking rigs .Look forward to seeing your builds and adventures.

Reactions: Razor Rodriguez