First Name
Levi
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hey y'all!

My name is Levi Butler. I live in Northwest Houston, TX. Grew up south of Kansas City, KS. 33 years old. Veteran. Leukemia Survivor (twice... so far).

Don't currently have a rig.

This is my old Wrangler. 2013 Commando Green JKU. Manual transmission. 3 inch lift. 37s. 5.13 gears. It was a great vehicle but I got an offer from a good kid who absolutely loved it so I decided to let it go.

Decided to go for a different kind of toy after the Jeep was gone... Competition Orange 2015 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package (Manual Transmission). Ford Racing Springs, X-Pipe and Axle Backs. I absolutely love the car, insanely fun to drive. Loads of power. With the IRS, performance package suspension and Brembo brakes, it's a Mustang that stops and turns as well as it goes. The premium package gives a 9 speaker sound system and heated and cooled leather interior.

Now... onto why I am here. I am riding the BP MS 150 this year and have been training for it the last couple of months and through this process I have come to the conclusion that the Mustang just flat out doesn't fit my lifestyle no matter how much I like the thing. I need to be able to throw a couple of bikes in the back of my vehicle and get out of the city for a ride. I dabble in some custom woodworking when I actually have some time and lumber is a bit tricky to transport in a Mustang. I absolutely love the outdoors and exploring them. Camping on the beach with the wife and a campfire is a great way to spend a weekend. Throwing a cache of weapons and ammo in the car and heading out for some recreational shooting (in a safe place in the sticks) is a great time.

Y'all understand... a guy needs a flippin' 4 wheel drive if he wants to live this kind of lifestyle.

So... I am now in the market for a GX 470. I was going to do an FJ Cruiser and had been searching for one and researching the aftermarket world of the FJ Cruiser and the fact that they share suspension components with the 4Runner and GX 470 really caught my eye! So I figure, more comfortable, almost as capable, V8 power and the neck snapping appeal of people seeing steel bumpers, roof rack, big tires... and a Lexus emblem... haha!

Anyway, glad to be here! Looking forward to my next build and getting to meet as many people in this community as possible!

Later y'all,
Levi Butler

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey y'all!

My name is Levi Butler. I live in Northwest Houston, TX. Grew up south of Kansas City, KS. 33 years old. Veteran. Leukemia Survivor (twice... so far).

This is my old Wrangler. 2013 Commando Green JKU. Manual transmission. 3 inch lift. 37s. 5.13 gears. It was a great vehicle but I got an offer from a good kid who absolutely loved it so I decided to let it go.

View attachment 90666
View attachment 90673

Decided to go for a different kind of toy after the Jeep was gone... Competition Orange 2015 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package (Manual Transmission). Ford Racing Springs, X-Pipe and Axle Backs. I absolutely love the car, insanely fun to drive. Loads of power. With the IRS, performance package suspension and Brembo brakes, it's a Mustang that stops and turns as well as it goes. The premium package gives a 9 speaker sound system and heated and cooled leather interior.

View attachment 90670
View attachment 90668

Now... onto why I am here. I am riding the BP MS 150 this year and have been training for it the last couple of months and through this process I have come to the conclusion that the Mustang just flat out doesn't fit my lifestyle no matter how much I like the thing. I need to be able to throw a couple of bikes in the back of my vehicle and get out of the city for a ride. I dabble in some custom woodworking when I actually have some time and lumber is a bit tricky to transport in a Mustang. I absolutely love the outdoors and exploring them. Camping on the beach with the wife and a campfire is a great way to spend a weekend. Throwing a cache of weapons and ammo in the car and heading out for some recreational shooting (in a safe place in the sticks) is a great time.

Y'all understand... a guy needs a flippin' 4 wheel drive if he wants to live this kind of lifestyle.

So... I am now in the market for a GX 470. I was going to do an FJ Cruiser and had been searching for one and researching the aftermarket world of the FJ Cruiser and the fact that they share suspension components with the 4Runner and GX 470 really caught my eye! So I figure, more comfortable, almost as capable, V8 power and the neck snapping appeal of people seeing steel bumpers, roof rack, big tires... and a Lexus emblem... haha!

Anyway, glad to be here! Looking forward to my next build and getting to meet as many people in this community as possible!

Later y'all,
Levi Butler
Hello Levi and welcome to the OB crew....look forward to seeing what vehicle you choose for your adventure platform and look forward to seeing your adventures.

Reactions: Levi_1985

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. Nice looking Jeep. Glad it went to someone you approved of. Thank you for your service to our country.

Reactions: Levi_1985

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Hey y'all!

View attachment 90666
View attachment 90673

View attachment 90670
View attachment 90668

Later y'all,
Levi Butler
Hello ... Welcome to the Overland Bound Community ... nice to have you on board!