Rank I

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Baker
Hello All!

Excited to be here and start learning more about the Overland Bound community. Hailing from Phoenix Arizona, I originally learned about this forum by attending Expo West about a year ago and have been learning and building ever since. Been into the off-road community since I was a kid wheeling everything from Bronco's to Wranglers to Scout's. (Totally different love if you even know what a Scout is LOL). One of the main reasons I joined Overland Bound was to learn more about the direction I wanted to head with my current vehicle to get it better setup for Overlanding, and start sharing my experiences using (what I feel to be) a not very popular platform.

Currently, I am one of those people to loves all aspects of having a full size truck accept the lack of off the self parts. I always get a kick out of driving past guys in lifted wranglers in a borderline stock F150. Pictured below is Jessica headed through the short cut to Engineer Pass in Teluride, CO.

01877abf76b398859c5e04be50edfe9f1f21917d79.jpg

The truck itself is a 2013 F150 SCREW Cab 5.0 V8 with the 6.5' Bed. Love the extra space for all the gear and dogs while camping.
Modifications done to the truck are:
- 33x12.50 General X3 Tires
- 2" Leveling kit with Rancho 3000's on all four corners
- Running boards as sliders (still looking for frame mount options)
- Removed Carpet in favor of vinyl flooring
Other than that completely stock for now as it gets me to and from work, the lake, camping, and with the help of some MAX TRAXX and careful lines it hasnt been hung up yet!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello All!

Excited to be here and start learning more about the Overland Bound community. Hailing from Phoenix Arizona, I originally learned about this forum by attending Expo West about a year ago and have been learning and building ever since. Been into the off-road community since I was a kid wheeling everything from Bronco's to Wranglers to Scout's. (Totally different love if you even know what a Scout is LOL). One of the main reasons I joined Overland Bound was to learn more about the direction I wanted to head with my current vehicle to get it better setup for Overlanding, and start sharing my experiences using (what I feel to be) a not very popular platform.

Currently, I am one of those people to loves all aspects of having a full size truck accept the lack of off the self parts. I always get a kick out of driving past guys in lifted wranglers in a borderline stock F150. Pictured below is Jessica headed through the short cut to Engineer Pass in Teluride, CO.

View attachment 110251

The truck itself is a 2013 F150 SCREW Cab 5.0 V8 with the 6.5' Bed. Love the extra space for all the gear and dogs while camping.
Other than that completely stock for now as it gets me to and from work, the lake, camping, and with the help of some MAX TRAXX and careful lines it hasnt been hung up yet!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....nice looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Dustin, welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly meeting around Phoenix so keep an eye out for next month.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

AZHICAUTCO

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

ARIZONA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Burns
Member #

Hello. Im in the Phoenix area as well. I'm new to OB as well. Bought a truck last year and see how crazy you can go with add ons. I'm taking it slow. Replacing, moding when I do. I should be done by 2021. lol. Seriously though my take is make it your truck. Do what you want and mod what you need. If it works for you thats whats important. You could go crazy reading all the forums.

bakerman6578

Rank I

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Baker
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Much appreciated! @AZHICAUTCO do you know of any meets or runs that people do here locally yet? feel free to PM me as well. Just starting to get a feel for the area around Phoenix.

Reactions: AZHICAUTCO

Steven Dale Buckeridge

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Maricopa, AZ, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Buckeridge
Member #

Hello All!

View attachment 110251

Welcome to the community. Im up in maricopa and love overlanding out here. Alot to explore and learn.

AZHICAUTCO

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

ARIZONA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Burns
Member #

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Much appreciated! @AZHICAUTCO do you know of any meets or runs that people do here locally yet? feel free to PM me as well. Just starting to get a feel for the area around Phoenix.
I'm new myself. Looks like there is some talk of meet ups. Seems to be an issue of peoples location in the Valley

Reactions: bakerman6578