Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Vehicle: 2015 Tacoma DCSB
Overlanding experience: Minimal, I did quite a bit a long time ago in the millitary if that counts. My wife and I were Girl Scout leaders for a long time and with our girls grown and gone we wanted to continue camping so we bought a micro off road camper which I have been modifying ever since. We have only gone off grid twice with it so far.
I'm happy to be here and look forward to meeting other local mambers

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Welcome from Stafford, VA. Always great to have another OB member close by, and always good to have another Toyota added tot he OB family. There is a great shop in Culpepper if you need one - Off Road Innovations. Great guys over there. I look forward to meeting you!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Overlanding experience: Minimal, I did quite a bit a long time ago in the millitary if that counts. My wife and I were Girl Scout leaders for a long time and with our girls grown and gone we wanted to continue camping so we bought a micro off road camper which I have been modifying ever since. We have only gone off grid twice with it so far.
Welcome to OLB and the East Region!
….. from the DMV (DC / MD / VA).

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me. I am in Alexandria, VA to be specific.

Here are some other useful links:

Northern VA/MD Monthly Meetups thread:

U.S. East Forum:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Looking for events near you? Check out the Calendar:

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar

Contributor I

Amissville, VA
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
Stenholm
Member #

My wife and I are in Amissville VA, maybe we'll run into you sometime!

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

My wife and I are in Amissville VA, maybe we'll run into you sometime!
That would be nice. I'll be out that way a bit when I start hunting ths year. I'm out on the west side of Culpeper on the dump road.

cgflyer

US East Region Member Rep, MD
Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
Welcome aboard from Lorton, VA from another newbie...

Reactions: Casper66

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Welcome aboard from Lorton, VA from another newbie...
Thanks for the welcome. I'm still trying to figure out a lot of this site I don't get all the stuff under our names like "influencer" and the ranking things.

cgflyer

Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
Thanks for the welcome. I'm still trying to figure out a lot of this site I don't get all the stuff under our names like "influencer" and the ranking things.
If you click on the tab "badges" at the top, it explains how the points and rankings work. I don't think they are for everyone...some care and some don't I'm sure but it pretty much lets members know who is active and who is not I think...bottom line from what I can gather is the more active you are and the more you participate in the Forum and club, them higher your points.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

If you click on the tab "badges" at the top, it explains how the points and rankings work. I don't think they are for everyone...some care and some don't I'm sure but it pretty much lets members know who is active and who is not I think...bottom line from what I can gather is the more active you are and the more you participate in the Forum and club, them higher your points.
Ah thanks. Yeah not so much worried about rankings just curious. Mainly signed up to meet new folks and find some new adventures

cgflyer

Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
Ah thanks. Yeah not so much worried about rankings just curious. Mainly signed up to meet new folks and find some new adventures
Yeah, same here and learn some trails. Hard to know where to go sometimes. I am also planning on a 2-3 month cross country trip in a couple of years and learning up on routes...just read a thread today on the Trans American Trail (TAT) and think that will be the trip west for me.

Reactions: Casper66

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Yeah, same here and learn some trails. Hard to know where to go sometimes. I am also planning on a 2-3 month cross country trip in a couple of years and learning up on routes...just read a thread today on the Trans American Trail (TAT) and think that will be the trip west for me.
I looked all over and I didn't see anything about badges. Not a Biggie just nosing around

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

I've driven across country a couple of times. This is a beautiful and diverse country but never drive through Kansas in the daytime. I made that mistake the first tme and felt like I was driving in circles for hours.