First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Reese
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7NCD
Hello Everyone!

I'm in Dallas OREGON and drive a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L V8. Bought it this past December. Grew up in the country and I've been stuck in the city for far too long. Needed a rig to get me to places that feel like home.

Overlanding Experience: I consider myself an Intermediate-level overlander and navigator. As soon as I got my license, I began driving for my stepdad and brother while they scouted hunting units. I also worked for the Forest Service maintaining roads and trails. These experiences gave me off-road driving skills. Getting back into it now that I've got a 4x4 vehicle. I currently take Novices on day trips to teach them driving, navigation, and recovery skills needed for overlanding while building my own skills. Putting together a group to do the Santiam Wagon Road this summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: justin marsh

Coach Reese

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cottage Grove, OR, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Reese
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7NCD
Morning I bought the truck in Eugene. First day of snow in what turned out to be the worst winter in years. Had to put it into 4-hi to make it home through the snow and freezing rain.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: justin marsh

Coach Reese

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cottage Grove, OR, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Reese
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7NCD
Thanks for the welcome guys. Just got my truck back from the mechanic. Can't wait to get back on the trail!

Bu3

Rank 0

Traveler I

Oregon
I just joined yesterday. I am out in North Bend so not too far from you. I bought back in Sept my 2016 Tacoma and am looking to hit up some trails and learn more about off-roading and all. My truck is mostly stock besides I replaced all struts with belstien 5100 which has lifted it a little. Looking to replace the tires but waiting until these new ones need to be replaced. Let me know if you are doing any days trips anywhere in the area or even if it's out in Eugene area.

Last edited:

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

I just joined yesterday. I am out in North Bend so not too far from you. I bought back in Sept my 2016 Tacoma and am looking to hit up some trails and learn more about off-roading and all. My truck is mostly stock besides I replaced all struts with belstien 5100 which has lifted it a little. Looking to replace the tires but waiting until these new ones need to be replaced. Let me know if you are doing any days trips anywhere in the area or even if it's out in Eugene area.
May wanna put up an into post so we can greet ya proper.

welcome both of you, :waves:

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Coach Reese

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cottage Grove, OR, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Reese
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7NCD
Will do! I'll send you a PM with info on our next day trip.