CaptSourPatch

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Wenatchee, Chelan County, Washington, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Miller
Howdy all. Just signed up and saying hi. Really excited to start learning about this community and everything it’s about. Currently in a stock Tundra Limited. No plans to overland with it at the moment, but fall plans are for a used JKU. We camped for many years out of a pull behind trailer, but we got out of that last year and did some road trips with the wifes Tahoe. Had a lot of fun, but I want more, haha. Figured I’d sign up now and start learning what I can. I’m rambling, sorry. Just excited to start some new adventures.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Welcome from Reno!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello Brandon, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @PNW EXPLR is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: CaptSourPatch

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy all. Just signed up and saying hi. Really excited to start learning about this community and everything it’s about. Currently in a stock Tundra Limited. No plans to overland with it at the moment, but fall plans are for a used JKU. We camped for many years out of a pull behind trailer, but we got out of that last year and did some road trips with the wifes Tahoe. Had a lot of fun, but I want more, haha. Figured I’d sign up now and start learning what I can. I’m rambling, sorry. Just excited to start some new adventures.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hey Brandon. Welcome to the Crew!

CaptSourPatch

Rank I

Enthusiast I

First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Miller
Thanks all for the welcomes. Fall came sooner than expected. Traded the Tundra for a 2016 JKU Rubicon in Mojave Sand. It’s stock for now, but wife is already wanting lift and tires, so who am I to argue?!?! Anywho.....since we all like to see pics, here she is in all her stock glory.

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Nice looking Heep. Remember JEEP=Just Empty Every Pocket.

seriously though, congratulations. I can’t wait to see you on the trails.

CaptSourPatch

Rank I

Enthusiast I

First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Miller
Nice looking Heep. Remember JEEP=Just Empty Every Pocket.

seriously though, congratulations. I can’t wait to see you on the trails.

Lol. Just Empty Every Pocket. I feel that one. This is our third jeep, and they can get pricey if you let them.
Stayed pretty conservative on the last two (1990 YJ and 2003 TJ) but I have lans for this one. Lol

Here are the last two

Attachments

Reactions: M Rose

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Brandon, welcome to the OB family. From your avatar, I take it you're a firefighter. Thank you for your service.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Brandon, welcome to the OB community.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Thanks all for the welcomes. Fall came sooner than expected. Traded the Tundra for a 2016 JKU Rubicon in Mojave Sand. It’s stock for now, but wife is already wanting lift and tires, so who am I to argue?!?! Anywho.....since we all like to see pics, here she is in all her stock glory.
Welcome!
Nice rig!
I look forward to running into you someday up in the Cascades.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

lots of lifts are done for ego and peer pressure.
Drive it a bit first, the Rubicon does it all well fully stock.

Lifts and bigger tires will do one thing for sure, they will hurt your fuel economy and range. Actually just the bigger, heavier tires will kill the fuel economy.
Drive it first, do a few trips, decide if a lift and bigger tires is required.
The JKU Rubi will handle 33s and a 2" lift with no issues....
except range.

CaptSourPatch

Rank I

Enthusiast I

First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Miller
lots of lifts are done for ego and peer pressure.
Drive it a bit first, the Rubicon does it all well fully stock.

Lifts and bigger tires will do one thing for sure, they will hurt your fuel economy and range. Actually just the bigger, heavier tires will kill the fuel economy.
Drive it first, do a few trips, decide if a lift and bigger tires is required.
The JKU Rubi will handle 33s and a 2" lift with no issues....
except range.
Personally, I don’t like the look of stock jeeps. That’s just my preference though. I fully understand the loss in mileage I’ll have once I go to a larger tire, and I’m ok with that. I didn’t buy it for the mpg’s. Of course, with the current fuel prices (thanks Joe) I’ll be keeping my trips fairly local for a while.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Yea it sounds like you got bit by the Overland Bug. Welcome to the group.