Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
Looks good. I'm starting to shop for a 4runner or Land Cruiser. We have an Outback that gets most of the love, but I want to get some places it just can't go. Looks like you got a solid deal too. Most of the 4runners I see around here for that price are ready to rust in half or have 250k miles.

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH

RangeWarriorIncOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lynwood, CA
Member #

Looks good. I'm starting to shop for a 4runner or Land Cruiser. We have an Outback that gets most of the love, but I want to get some places it just can't go. Looks like you got a solid deal too. Most of the 4runners I see around here for that price are ready to rust in half or have 250k miles.
I know what you mean, I shopped around for a decent mile 3rd and 4th gen, everything within my budget was over 250K miles or looked like they were days away from being scrapped.
I came across this one, and couldn't pass on it.

RangeWarriorIncOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lynwood, CA
Member #

Looking sharp. I am thinking of doing the same thing and this just makes it more concrete...did you do this or have it done?
I did it myself... I used dupicolor bed armor in the aerosol can. After doing a little research I liked the finish texture the best and had great reviews. I ran tape lines all around and went for it. A few tips I you plan on doing it yourself, coverage is pretty bad since the material is thick, it sprays as a splatter not like your normal spray paint. Very light coats are needed for the best result. Also as the can begins to run out the spray consistency changes and isn't even. Also its better to spray on a fairly warm day, so the coats can dry within 15-20 mins like suggested on the can. I found the spraying in the afternoon was affecting the dry time and end result still had a wet sheen to it.