New member from Southern Cali!

• HTML tutorial

TroyDeez

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello All,

My name is Troy. I live just about a half an hour north of LA. Im pretty new to the whole overlanding thing, but I know Im going to have a blast learning and building my rig up to be able to go out on some epic adventures (and make out in one piece). I just picked up my 2018 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X about a month ago (picture is of the second day I had it). No mods yet except for a Magnaflow catback, but i plan on adding to the list fairly quickly. I have never really off-roaded anything that required me to have 4x4 until i got this truck. I have already done things that have far exceeded my expectations for what I thought the truck was going to be able to do and I'm excited to put it to some real tests20190317_141101.jpg. I can't wait to actually start getting out their and see the world that most don't care to see/ can't see. If you have any advice or good threads to go over as I'm starting out, that would be greatly appreciated! Talk to guys later and I hope to see some of you around sometime!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello All,

My name is Troy. I live just about a half an hour north of LA. Im pretty new to the whole overlanding thing, but I know Im going to have a blast learning and building my rig up to be able to go out on some epic adventures (and make out in one piece). I just picked up my 2018 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X about a month ago (picture is of the second day I had it). No mods yet except for a Magnaflow catback, but i plan on adding to the list fairly quickly. I have never really off-roaded anything that required me to have 4x4 until i got this truck. I have already done things that have far exceeded my expectations for what I thought the truck was going to be able to do and I'm excited to put it to some real testsView attachment 92905. I can't wait to actually start getting out their and see the world that most don't care to see/ can't see. If you have any advice or good threads to go over as I'm starting out, that would be greatly appreciated! Talk to guys later and I hope to see some of you around sometime!
View attachment 92905
Welcome to Overland Bound,
I look forward to see your build!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

We do have a LA/WLA meetup the second Saturday of the month.

If you have any questions message me,your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello All,

My name is Troy. I live just about a half an hour north of LA. Im pretty new to the whole overlanding thing, but I know Im going to have a blast learning and building my rig up to be able to go out on some epic adventures (and make out in one piece). I just picked up my 2018 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X about a month ago (picture is of the second day I had it). No mods yet except for a Magnaflow catback, but i plan on adding to the list fairly quickly. I have never really off-roaded anything that required me to have 4x4 until i got this truck. I have already done things that have far exceeded my expectations for what I thought the truck was going to be able to do and I'm excited to put it to some real testsView attachment 92905. I can't wait to actually start getting out their and see the world that most don't care to see/ can't see. If you have any advice or good threads to go over as I'm starting out, that would be greatly appreciated! Talk to guys later and I hope to see some of you around sometime!
View attachment 92905
Hello Troy and welcome to the OB crew....nice looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Reactions: TroyDeez

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
Check out All-Cab if you want a rooftop tent, at 167 lbs it is a great setup. I would highly recommend Leitner Designs for a rack system. Gives you a lot of options. :blush:

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. You should be able to find a lot of good advice from the knowledgeable people here.