New Member from San Diego. Happy to be here!

• HTML tutorial

lautbzehn

Rank III

Member I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
West
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
lautbzehn
Service Branch
N/A
Just joined what seems to be this awesome community. I'm located down in San Diego and continue to be amazed at all the available overlanding options - feel free to drop me a DM.

Happy to say I just recently received my Bronco OBX (Sasquatch) about a month ago. She's already made it down to Baja and passed with flying colors. I am fairly new to Overlanding but an avid camper/outdoor/offgrid enthusiast.

All sorts of plans, trips, and mods for this beauty in due time. Happy to be aboard.

Attachments

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Dan, Welcome to Overland Bound! you are going to find a great bunch of people here, and you are in a great area with a lot of adventures to be had. Grew up in the San Diego area many many years ago, and still enjoy getting down and exploring the desert areas in southern california every now and then.

Reactions: lautbzehn

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Just joined what seems to be this awesome community. I'm located down in San Diego and continue to be amazed at all the available overlanding options - feel free to drop me a DM.

Happy to say I just recently received my Bronco OBX (Sasquatch) about a month ago. She's already made it down to Baja and passed with flying colors. I am fairly new to Overlanding but an avid camper/outdoor/offgrid enthusiast.

All sorts of plans, trips, and mods for this beauty in due time. Happy to be aboard.
Welcome to Overland Bound!!
Don't hesitate to contact your Member Representative @FrankRoams or me, your Regional Director, @Narbob.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.

Overland Trip Planning

Overland Bound Meetups

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD

Welcome to the community! Don’t forget to check rally point for local meetups with other members.

lautbzehn

Rank III

Member I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
West
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
lautbzehn
Service Branch
N/A
Dan, Welcome to Overland Bound! you are going to find a great bunch of people here, and you are in a great area with a lot of adventures to be had. Grew up in the San Diego area many many years ago, and still enjoy getting down and exploring the desert areas in southern california every now and then.
Thank you! Yeah, it's beautiful down here and so many options for a day trip or something longer. Looking forward to adventuring more and branching out further.

ToolToolsky

Rank III

Contributor III

Escondido, California, United States
First Name
Igor
Last Name
Belka
Member #

Hey! I am also in San Diego and also new to overlanding. I have been exploring local trails around Ramona and Palomar Mountain, but haven't done anything more adventurous yet. Apparently there are two OB meetups in SD, they next get together on 9th and 16th of July. I'm planning to hit up both. DM if you want to connect.

Here is my rig (2022 4runner TRD off-road premium):
TRUCK.jpg

EBasil

Rank VI

Influencer I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Basil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6LBE
Welcome, Dan! I am also in San Diego...well, mostly: been spending non-overlanding time in Big Bear and LA a fair amount. Based in Mira Mesa, though, and have found some cool groups in SD.

Reactions: nduranpm

socal geek guy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Walker
Member #

welcome to OB, good to see another SD person here. if you get the chance, you should check out anza borrego's off road park. what's nice is that you can stop in julian for pie either when going out or leaving. the area south of the 78 going on the s2 is cool too. lots of great areas to explore in socal.

Reactions: nduranpm

nduranpm

Rank III

Traveler III

La Mesa, CA 91941, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Duran
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6MZC
Welcome Dave... from south San Diego... just got done with 3rd time through Mojave... and saw this message.

Attachments