Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Houston, Texas
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Rosner
Hi folks,

I already posted in new members, but wanted to introduce myself here.

I've been doing a lot of solo trips but would be interested in meeting like-minded OB members for trips - I roam pretty far, so with enough notice, I can be anywhere.

If you're in my area, give me a shout and we can grab a beer (at a restaurant) or meet and talk about rigs.

Best to All,

Mr.RoadWarrior

jchaperon

Rank I

Traveler I

Houston, Texas
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Chaperon
Member #

No worries brother, my wife and I have done quite a few solo trips. Next time we decide to make a trip, I’ll post here.

Enjoy—

Reactions: Junogwat

Junogwat

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Houston, Harris County, Texas, United States
First Name
Jesus
Last Name
Reyes
I guess I’m a bit late. But I’m also from Houston Texas. Just started out. I’m not sure what all my 2wd 3rd gen 4runner can do. But I’ll at least try. I work 2/3rds of the year so I get a week off for every 2 weeks worked. So I can try a day trip here and there. Wanting to get my son out from them video games and hopefully this will help me. Just starting off and may be doing a small day trip in may.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Welcome from Georgetown. If you are ever in the area, we'd enjoy seeing you guys at our monthly meeting.

Mr.RoadWarrior

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Houston, Texas
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Rosner
I guess I’m a bit late. But I’m also from Houston Texas. Just started out. I’m not sure what all my 2wd 3rd gen 4runner can do. But I’ll at least try. I work 2/3rds of the year so I get a week off for every 2 weeks worked. So I can try a day trip here and there. Wanting to get my son out from them video games and hopefully this will help me. Just starting off and may be doing a small day trip in may.
You might try Sam Houston National Forest or any of the forest areas NE from Houston into Arkansas. mostly paved and gravel roads (except for Arkansas).

If you want a beach trip, 3 hours down to Corpus and get into Padre Island National Seashore --- drive on the beach and camp if you want. Regular cars drive it all the time.

As with all trips, do a little planning and you'll be fine.

For a long trip, Big Bend Nat'l Park is a great desert experience.

Reactions: Lucy99 and Junogwat

Junogwat

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Houston, Harris County, Texas, United States
First Name
Jesus
Last Name
Reyes
You might try Sam Houston National Forest or any of the forest areas NE from Houston into Arkansas. mostly paved and gravel roads (except for Arkansas).

If you want a beach trip, 3 hours down to Corpus and get into Padre Island National Seashore --- drive on the beach and camp if you want. Regular cars drive it all the time.

As with all trips, do a little planning and you'll be fine.

For a long trip, Big Bend Nat'l Park is a great desert experience.
Sounds great! I will start some planning soon and hope all goes well. Thanks for help!

Wonderland_Recon

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Magnolia, Montgomery County, Texas, United States
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Keller
Member #

Hey guys! Glad I found this post. Hope ya'll are still around and looking to meet up with like minded folks for discussions and trips. My wife and I recently took the young ones on a 2 day trip and spent the 1st day at Hidden Fall Adventure Park in Marble Falls and the second day exploring the Texas Hill Country Overland Route. No real need for 4 wheel drive except around the James River if you want to play. But even then you can most likely cross it with just 2 wheel drive fairly easy. It is recommended to do this route in 2 days and I agree as we only did the western most portion of the route and it took a full 6 hours for us and we stopped a few times and explored/played.

The map is from AllTrails app.

We are hoping to ready for a long 1 week minimum trip by next summer 2022 to someplace fun like MOAB, Rubicon trail, Colorado or similar but are not looking to go alone.

Attachments