New member from Fort Worth

• HTML tutorial

fstfrd00

Rank IV

Pathfinder III

Fort Worth
New member to OB, not to camping. Spent many years in the BSA doing very primitive camping. Hikes, canoe trips, usually not a soul around for miles.
My rig is a 2006 F150 4x4 (210,000 miles)

Sent from my LGLS992 using OB Talk mobile app

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Welcome! Great to see another local on the site.

"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
-Nietzsche

Reactions: fstfrd00

Ranchorat

Rank 0

Contributor I

Member #

Welcome from Washington! Sorry for the stupid question, but... what is the difference between camping and primitive camping?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Traditional camping is usually at a campsite that is a designated campsite and a lot of the time has restrooms or more comfortable amenities for families. Some refer to this type of camping as "glamping". Usually many campsites side by side and usually costs $ or permits to park and camp. Primitive is exactly that, wandering out into the wilderness, finding a nice spot away from others and setting up camp where you see fit, whether it is in your rig or you parked your rig and hiked into a much less accessible area. Both have their place in overlanding and are a blast. As long as there is adventure involved, I'll do any kind of camping.

Reactions: fstfrd00

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

Gotcha, what I had imagined was very different. I was thinking shelter outa leaves, starting friction fires glad I asked.

Thanks!

Ranchorat

Rank 0

Contributor I

Member #

Gotcha, what I had imagined was very different. I was thinking shelter outa leaves, starting friction fires glad I asked.

Thanks!

The more hardcore primitive campers would say that you are exactly right in thinking that, I guess it just depends who you ask haha.