Launch Member

Traveler I

La Grande, Or
First Name
David
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

Hey everybody, just saying hi and giving a little information about myself. I’m from eastern Oregon and pretty much grew up playing and adventuring in the mountains. I drive a 2002 F150 supercrew cab which is definitely a uwork in progress haha. Hoping to meet some people from the area and possibly do some trips this summer. Thanks for reading!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Ripley1046

Jackman547

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

La Grande, Or
First Name
David
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

Thank Shaun! I’m hoping to do section 5 of the Oregon backcountry discovery route and possibly do some exploring over in the bend or Tillamook forest area. Just have a few thing I need to do to my truck before the snow melts.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I've done part of Route 5 , very beautiful and scenic. You will never run out of roads to explore in the Tillamook area . Post up your travels so we can follow along

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 44071 Hey everybody, just saying hi and giving a little information about myself. I’m from eastern Oregon and pretty much grew up playing and adventuring in the mountains. I drive a 2002 F150 supercrew cab which is definitely a work in progress haha. Hoping to meet some people from the area and possibly do some trips this summer. Thanks for reading!
Hi Jackman547 and welcome to OB! Nice looking F150! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jackman547

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

La Grande, Or
First Name
David
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

What goodies do you have planned for the red Sled?
First I need to redo her front end and a few other things then I’m Going to be putting a bed cage on the back with a basket on top. With rotopax mouthed to one side and high lift shovel and axe mounted in the other. Then taking the lightbar off the top and attaching light bars and pods to each side of the basket. Should look pretty good when I’m done.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Maintenance items are always good to do , can't tell you how many people I've seen broke down because of simple maintenance things ( belts hoses ect) but had new lift and tires and all sorts of other accessories. All the coolest gadgets in the world won't do a bit of good if it doesn't run .

Jackman547

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

La Grande, Or
First Name
David
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

Maintenance items are always good to do , can't tell you how many people I've seen broke down because of simple maintenance things ( belts hoses ect) but had new lift and tires and all sorts of other accessories. All the coolest gadgets in the world won't do a bit of good if it doesn't run .
Yeah I’ve had the truck for about two years and one thing I’ve kearned is you have to stay on top of the maintenance with her haha. Since I bought I first had to do some front end work then the bearings went out. So replaced that and the according belts. Then that summer I had to get the engine completely rebuilt after one of my pistons dropped into my oil pan and seized the entire thing up. And after that I’ve replaced more belts and redone the brakes and such. Hopefully after these last repairs she will be good to go for a while haha

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Make sure to keep up on the service on the transmission and putting in an aftermarket cooler is not a bad idea , the e40d is known for going into lock up at a really low speed and that tends to generate a lot of heat and usually one of the biggest issues with them burning up

Jackman547

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

La Grande, Or
First Name
David
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

Make sure to keep up on the service on the transmission and putting in an aftermarket cooler is not a bad idea , the e40d is known for going into lock up at a really low speed and that tends to generate a lot of heat and usually one of the biggest issues with them burning up
That’s really good to know thanks!

OutInCreation

Rank II
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Moses Lake, WA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7GKZ
Awesome looking truck! I'm just getting to the point of doing some major modifications with mine. It's a 2003. What year is yours and what suspension/tires/lift work has been done? Love how everything is balanced.

Jackman547

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

La Grande, Or
First Name
David
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

Awesome looking truck! I'm just getting to the point of doing some major modifications with mine. It's a 2003. What year is yours and what suspension/tires/lift work has been done? Love how everything is balanced.
Sorry just saw your reply! But thanks! And it’s a 2002 with just a 2inch leveling kit and 33x12.50 Mikey Thompson’s