• HTML tutorial

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Hello from Colorado,

Been an on an off lurker who's getting more interested in Overlanding as a means to get into the backcountry. Currently driving a stock '97 Toyota Tacoma. Been considering something new but not knowing much can't seem to find what I want.

Regards,
Boort

Reactions: justin marsh

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Daniel

Thank you. what's your favorite place to spend a weekend in nature within a few hours of you in SD? If I get out that way what do I need to see? :)

BoorT

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Roger, thank you for the welcome. East Anglia UK that is in Central England Correct? Got to chatting with a couple who mentioned Anglia while riding the Virgin from London to Bangor a few years back. I hope to get to spend some time in Snowden, and see the lakes district if I ever get back to the UK. (tried to get to Snowden but could not hire a car on Sunday in Bangor.)

Captain, thank you as well. I'm hoping to get up to the Palouse area in the next couple of years. Any recommendations?

Boort

Reactions: doubleAron

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

Welcome to OB!! Lots of great people and loads of knowledge here.

Check out the vehicle build section for ideas on what you can do to your current Taco or inspiration on what to purchase next.

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

Welcome from Washington!

How's the decision looking for the new ride? Anything preventing you from keeping and modding the Taco?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

doubleAron,

Thanks for the welcome. Where is your favorite place to roam in Colorado? I've spent a lot of time enjoying the Brek/Leadville/Eagle area and just started exploring the San Juans, Durango and Aspen.

KnewB

Still on the fence on if I want another Taco or trade to a 4runner.
Hmmm.... Not much preventing me from keeping the 97 and modding other than cost. The truck has 300+k on the odometer, do I really want to drop $2k for a new lift and suspension + another 2K for bumpers and rock sliders on a truck that KBB values at $3-4k. Only things that have me looking at newer options is wanting the ability to carry more than 1 person, & a bit more towing power for taking out the camper. My problem is that I like things SIMPLE and Reliable. New trucks seem to have all thrown that idea out the window for power everything, dashboards that are lit up like Times-square, Auto Trans with computerized BS between me and the tires. All of those features are just extra stuff to go wrong and cost $$$$ to be fixed.
Sigh ... off my geezer soap box....

Boort