New Member from Colorado Springs

• HTML tutorial

OBiE0311

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

image.jpeg Hello All!

Just found out about Overland Bound via the podcast so I thought I'd check it out.

My name is Jake and my wife and I just discovered camping and overlanding last year and we're hooked! I'm pretty new to anything resembling off-road driving, but I'm eager to get out there and learn!

We're from Colorado Springs and our current rig is a 1995 Chevy Suburban that my aunt gave to us under the condition that I get it running! 260,xxx on the chassis! We are looking to get a bit of a more purpose built rig for the job though, but it will also probably be a full-size SUV (once you go and all that...)

Picture is from Eleven Mile State Park in Colorado. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 46393 Hello All!

Just found out about Overland Bound via the podcast so I thought I'd check it out.

My wife and I just discovered camping and overlanding last year and we're hooked! I'm pretty new to anything resembling off-road driving, but I'm eager to get out there and learn!

We're from Colorado Springs and our current rig is a 1995 Chevy Suburban that my aunt gave to us under the condition that I get it running! 260,xxx on the chassis! We are looking to get a bit of a more purpose built rig for the job though, but it will also probably be a full-size SUV (once you go and all that...)

Picture is from Eleven Mile State Park in Colorado. I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Hi ObiE0311 and welcome to OB! Nice looking Suburban and RTT! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 46393 Hello All!

My name is Jake and my wife and I just discovered camping and overlanding last year and we're hooked! I'm pretty new to anything resembling off-road driving, but I'm eager to get out there and learn!

Hello Jake and welcome to the OB crew. Good looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Welcome. I spent a few years in the Springs in the early 90s when I was stationed at Carson. Now my mother lives there and I am actually headed back next month for a visit. Always love going back for a visit.

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

Welcome! From what I can see of it sure looks good for nearing 300k, well done getting her going!

travelnbones

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Monument CO
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Warner
Member #

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I’ve decided to build the Suburban instead of buying a completely new rig, so I’ll be doing a thread on that soon!
Welcome. Can I assume that the 0311 was your MOS in the Marine Corps?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

travelnbones

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Monument CO
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Warner
Member #

That is correct! I see you're in the Springs too! We should try and meet up sometime!
Outstanding. Kinda hard to find Jarheads in this chairforce/army town. Lol. I’m actually in monument now but I work in the springs. We can definitely get together brother.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Kalikianō

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
Hi Jake- welcome! I have to admit I'm a bit jealous of you. I love the Colorado Springs area!! I've climber at Garden Of The Gods, and took my kiddos up Pike's Peak just last summer. I dig that entire area!

OBiE0311

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Thanks for the greetings guys (and sorry for the delayed reply!)

Kilo (my new nickname for you!)- I look forward to meeting you and definitley hope to get driving sometime!

Kuhn- Yeah, the wife and I like it out here too. We were originally planning on moving back to Tennessee after she gets out of the Air Force, but I think those plans are on indefinite hiatus!