New member from central Texas area

• HTML tutorial

FozNasty

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central Texas
Member #

I'm East of Georgetown/Austin near Granger lake. Any meet and greets around??? I'm in a Subaru Forester, traveled a lot of the country so far and plan to full time within a year I hope! IMG_20190404_173140668.jpeg

Reactions: Wendell Ramsey Jr

tw1st3d5

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Florissant, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kee
Member #

I haven't actually. Been pretty busy lately. I think we may end up in either Big Bend or somewhere in NM the weekend after Easter but not sure yet. We spend quite a bit of time out near Red River, NM and love it. Haven't looked around Cloudcroft yet.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I'm East of Georgetown/Austin near Granger lake. Any meet and greets around??? I'm in a Subaru Forester, traveled a lot of the country so far and plan to full time within a year I hope!
Georgetown here, well Weir really. Go shopping in Taylor as it's closer to the house and much quieter. We might see each other sometime if you're out and about.
As for overlanding, it's not much of a thing around here except for Hidden Falls in Marble Falls. We plan to take a trip in the next month or so, but still don't know where. Both Big Bend Palo Duro are 7 hours from us, and they are the closest places. Well see.

FozNasty

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central Texas
Member #

Yeah I'm not far from weir, Taylor is better than I remember it in the past. I haven't been to any of the off-road parks but really need to. I'm usually easy to spot as my car maybe gets a wash once a year hence the name FozNasty.

Reactions: roots66

FozNasty

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central Texas
Member #

I'm hoping to very soon be able to really start traveling for most of the year, I've done a few trips out west up into the Pnw over a few months and spent some time in the Appalachian mountains. Really want to check out Canada soon too.

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Yeah I'm not far from weir, Taylor is better than I remember it in the past. I haven't been to any of the off-road parks but really need to. I'm usually easy to spot as my car maybe gets a wash once a year hence the name FozNasty.
Yes, I know just what you mean about washing, or lack there of. The Hill Country has a couple good places. We should get the Central Texas folks together and make a trip sometime. I'll keep an eye out for your OB badge.

Reactions: FozNasty

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Let us know how it is. Really want to go.
Absolutely stunning! The Black Gap Trail is highly recommended. Fill up with fuel it is a HUGE park. If you are into hiking check out the Lost Mine trail. For wheeling do Black Gap. As far as camping, you need a permit and they book up fast. So stop by the Panther Junction Visitors Center and get one first thing when you arrive.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have other questions!