Rank II

Traveler III

Florence, AZ
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
H
Member #

Kinda copied my post from the general thread, but will elaborate more in the regional, where I'll likely be most active.
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
No shortage of these, hobby phototaker for many years
2) Location: Florence, AZ
3) Rig: 2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, and 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, really haven't done anything other than some dirt roads but really want to learn.

My name is Jeremy, I moved to AZ some years back, was always an import/sport car person, and always into photography and target shooting, but learned quickly some of the best spots aren't accessible by lowered or fast cars, so I picked up a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee from a buddy at work, had a 4" lift with 32s (now on 31s). It's become more of a project now, runs and drives fine but not the most reliable unfortunately, so earlier this year I got a 2020 Ranger XLT FX4, and this thing has been surprisingly good. So far just a level kit and exterior things but not planning much as it's a daily driver and will be my main exploring vehicle. Looking forward to learning more for some fun outings.
A few of the things that have kept me from getting out there is a paranoia of fuel ranges, I have a bad stomach so restroom access prevents me from getting out, tho I have picked up something portable that will hopefully help, and just general knowledge like tire pressures, angles, etc. Hopefully will be able to learn more and get more comfortable with heading out.
Also I'm big into shooting, photos and targets, so it's what really sparked my interest in adventuring out and enjoying the landscape around us, camping, photos etc. But as someone that takes a lot of photos, I apologize in advance for all the uploads likely to come in the future lol.
Screenshot_20210411-095521_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20210411-095135_Photos.jpg

morganwest95

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
West
Member #

Kinda copied my post from the general thread, but will elaborate more in the regional, where I'll likely be most active.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, really haven't done anything other than some dirt roads but really want to learn.

My name is Jeremy, I moved to AZ some years back, was always an import/sport car person, and always into photography and target shooting, but learned quickly some of the best spots aren't accessible by lowered or fast cars, so I picked up a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee from a buddy at work, had a 4" lift with 32s (now on 31s). It's become more of a project now, runs and drives fine but not the most reliable unfortunately, so earlier this year I got a 2020 Ranger XLT FX4, and this thing has been surprisingly good. So far just a level kit and exterior things but not planning much as it's a daily driver and will be my main exploring vehicle. Looking forward to learning more for some fun outings.
A few of the things that have kept me from getting out there is a paranoia of fuel ranges, I have a bad stomach so restroom access prevents me from getting out, tho I have picked up something portable that will hopefully help, and just general knowledge like tire pressures, angles, etc. Hopefully will be able to learn more and get more comfortable with heading out.
Also I'm big into shooting, photos and targets, so it's what really sparked my interest in adventuring out and enjoying the landscape around us, camping, photos etc. But as someone that takes a lot of photos, I apologize in advance for all the uploads likely to come in the future lol.
View attachment 194437View attachment 194438
Welcome, and I like your truck!

Reactions: AntipplFx4

AntipplFx4

Rank II

Traveler III

Florence, AZ
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
H
Member #

Thank you! Been really impressed with what Ford did with these. Need to test it out a bit more myself, hopefully try out bulldog one of these days

morganwest95

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
West
Member #

Thank you! Been really impressed with what Ford did with these. Need to test it out a bit more myself, hopefully try out bulldog one of these days
It’s a really great truck. I’ve been adventuring in pure stock form for the last one and a half years, and I’m finally getting ready to upgrade it a bit. It’s gotten me everywhere I needed to go, but it is a little bit low slung and stiff.

AntipplFx4

Rank II

Traveler III

Florence, AZ
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
H
Member #

It’s a really great truck. I’ve been adventuring in pure stock form for the last one and a half years, and I’m finally getting ready to upgrade it a bit. It’s gotten me everywhere I needed to go, but it is a little bit low slung and stiff.
What plans are next to step it up a bit? Only thing I've done really is the level, nothing else that will help performance, so it's time put it to work haha

morganwest95

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
West
Member #

What plans are next to step it up a bit? Only thing I've done really is the level, nothing else that will help performance, so it's time put it to work haha
2.5 inch FOX lift and 33 inch all terrains, and whatever else needs to be done to accommodate that. Mine is also a daily driver, so I don’t want to go crazy. I just want those horrible washboard roads to be more tolerable and not have to worry so much about bottoming out in ruts. Also, less stiff suspension for daily driving. I’d like to mount a compressor too, but that’s not a priority.

AntipplFx4

Rank II

Traveler III

Florence, AZ
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
H
Member #

2.5 inch FOX lift and 33 inch all terrains, and whatever else needs to be done to accommodate that. Mine is also a daily driver, so I don’t want to go crazy. I just want those horrible washboard roads to be more tolerable and not have to worry so much about bottoming out in ruts. Also, less stiff suspension for daily driving. I’d like to mount a compressor too, but that’s not a priority.
Very nice, sounds like the same boat I'm in. Only had it 2 months so it'll be a bit before I get to all that though. Tires will likely be next but still contemplating what size to do with the level without needing to remove the crash bars

AntipplFx4

Rank II

Traveler III

Florence, AZ
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
H
Member #

Got some new tires on. Have the same ones on the Jeep, liked em a lot so now they're on the Ranger. Took it out for some dirt time and photos and wow sooooo much better.

Attachments

Reactions: slightNine