Rank III

Enthusiast II

Luling, TX, USA
First Name
Lloyd
Last Name
Wells
Member #

Hey everyone! I'm Lloyd and my wife (Sandy) and I are in Central TX and have a 2015 GMC Canyon that we tow behind our motorhome. We're just getting in to overlanding, mostly because we were looking for a way to explore places that we just can't get to in the motorhome.

I've been doing some upgrades on the Canyon to make it a little more rugged for off-road adventures. And we've been putting together some gear and doing some tent camping to tweak that while we wait for our OVRLND camper to be built.

Reactions: Sparksalot

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Welcome from Georgetown. You just missed our monthly meeting in Round Rock. We also do some trips now and then. Check us out and we'd enjoy meeting you guys.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Lloyd, welcome from Oklahoma. My family roots run deep in the Lockhart area, I really need to make time to get down that way.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps, so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Last edited:
Reactions: roots66