First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kleames
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA6WTZ
Name: Mike Kleames
Location: Cool, CA on the Middle Fork of the American River (Sierra Foothills near Auburn, CA)
Current Vehicle: 2009 Chevy Silverado 4WD
Looking for: 2014-2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Overland Experience: Intermediate...no serious rock crawling but plenty of back country roads
Why Overlanding?: Fly fishing, lake kaying and camping have been a passion of mine for 30+ years.....

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Location: Cool, CA on the Middle Fork of the American River (Sierra Foothills near Auburn, CA)
Overland Experience: Intermediate...no serious rock crawling but plenty of back country roads
Why Overlanding?: Fly fishing, lake kaying and camping have been a passion of mine for 30+ years.....
Hello Michael and welcome to the OB crew....nice rig. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey Mike, Welcome to Overland Bound. Your first picture with the Kayaks, is that Lake Shasta?

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey Mike welcome to the OB community. I like your pictures and I too drive a Chevy Silverado, albeit just a tad older than yours--1988.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Magic Mike or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

flyfisher530

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cool, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kleames
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA6WTZ
Hey Mike, Welcome to Overland Bound. Your first picture with the Kayaks, is that Lake Shasta?
Actually it is Horseshoe Lake above the town of Mammoth Lakes on the east side of the Sierra's. Shasta Lake is awesome too. I have not been up that way in a while but love that area.

flyfisher530

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cool, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kleames
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA6WTZ
Hey Mike welcome to the OB community. I like your pictures and I too drive a Chevy Silverado, albeit just a tad older than yours--1988.
Hey nothing wrong with an '88 :). Mine has 188K miles and going strong with only a water pump as the original owner.

Reactions: Big G

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey nothing wrong with an '88 :). Mine has 188K miles and going strong with only a water pump as the original owner.
Mine doesn't even have 100k on it yet. It runs pretty well with one issue and that is an idling problem. It idles fast and almost never idles down to a normal idle. I good friend of mine, who used to build racing engines, went through all the vacuum lines checking for leaks and we found nothing. He couldn't figure out the problem. Other than that it's a pretty good vehicle.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Hey Mike! Man, I miss that area! (Grew up in Rancho Cordova) I used to kayak the North Fork regularly... what a blast! Better than an E ticket ride at Disneyland any day! Cut my chops in outdoor/nature appreciation from an old pioneer woman in Shingle Springs... Ah, the memories!

You've got a bunch o' forum folks in your area, and regularly scheduled meetups relatively close to you, too. Kent R. will be welcoming you soon. Welcome to OB and enjoy!

flyfisher530

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cool, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kleames
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA6WTZ
Hey Mike! Man, I miss that area! (Grew up in Rancho Cordova) I used to kayak the North Fork regularly... what a blast! Better than an E ticket ride at Disneyland any day! Cut my chops in outdoor/nature appreciation from an old pioneer woman in Shingle Springs... Ah, the memories!

You've got a bunch o' forum folks in your area, and regularly scheduled meetups relatively close to you, too. Kent R. will be welcoming you soon. Welcome to OB and enjoy!
Munga yeah I moved up to this area between Auburn and Placerville about six years ago and really enjoy being so close to rivers and lakes I can flyfish on a regular basis. I am going to take more time for overlanding and camping in the year ahead. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!!!

Reactions: Munga Brown

flyfisher530

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cool, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kleames
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA6WTZ

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome to Overland Bound. As @Narbob stated I am you U.S West Member Representative. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, here on the forums.

Be sure to browse through the New Member threads, they contain some great information and will help you to navigate the Overland Bound website.

Check the Rally Points & Calendar for future meet-ups, trips and trainings. These are a great way to meet new people, network with other groups and find new chances to go out and find adventure. There are several meet-ups within driving distance from your location. Gold Country Overland, Every first Saturday of the month (6:30-8:30 pm), Sierra Foothills Overlanders, every third Tuesday of the month (7:00-9:00pm) and Reno Overland.

I look forward to seeing you out there.

flyfisher530

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cool, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kleames
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA6WTZ
Welcome to Overland Bound. As @Narbob stated I am you U.S West Member Representative. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, here on the forums.

Be sure to browse through the New Member threads, they contain some great information and will help you to navigate the Overland Bound website.

Check the Rally Points & Calendar for future meet-ups, trips and trainings. These are a great way to meet new people, network with other groups and find new chances to go out and find adventure. There are several meet-ups within driving distance from your location. Gold Country Overland, Every first Saturday of the month (6:30-8:30 pm), Sierra Foothills Overlanders, every third Tuesday of the month (7:00-9:00pm) and Reno Overland.

I look forward to seeing you out there.
Thanks Mike hope to see you on the trails soon! Can't wait for 2020 season!

Reactions: Magic Mike