Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Very cool WJ, I just joined and am currently overland prepping my 99 4.0L that is already built for rock crawling and on 35’s but with kids and family trail riding and camping is more the focus right now. I have a full build thread over on Mallcrawlin but once I get time I’ll create one here. Interested to see the progression.
Looking forward to seeing your thread. It sounds like all you'll need to do is add-back some of the comfort and reliability you lost making it a crawler, and you'll be g2g. Mine is on 35"s now too.
Welcome from Elk Grove! That's one nice setup for sure!
Thanks!

Hello! :)
Howdy.

TJ, always good to see more WJ builds:) I do wish I had waited and got IRO's Rock Link lift rather than their Critical Path 4" Long Arm that I have. Really happy with their quality, but it has a design flaw with what they call the Iron wye on the drivers side. Have you had any vibration issues since the lift? running the stock front driveline or aftermarket?
A lot has changed since this post, you might say things got a bit out of control, lol. Since this thread started a LOT has changed. Details here: 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Build but in short basically everything drivetrain, suspension and steering is new, lol. It looks like this now:

HeepDone1.jpg
HeepDone2.jpg
HeepDone4.jpg

Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Thanks.

-TJ

• Wow
Reactions: RoarinRow