Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Odessa TX
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Ockert
Member #

Heard about this site from my buddy Del Albright.
I am Todd Ockert, and currently live in Odessa Texas.
We just moved here the end of 2017 for work from California.

We run a 2004 Jeep TJ with just a few mods that get us to the mall safely.

I am also the President of Sharetrails/BlueRibbon Coalition.
I have been involved in Land Use for about 10 years now.
I got involved when a guy was looking for warm bodies to fill a class to teach land use.
I went, and the rest is history as they say.

The wheeling is a lot different here in Texas than in Cali. We use to do a fair amount of loading up the jeep with tent, coolers and food and hit the High Sierra's. Not much like that here though.

Looking forward to being an active part of this group, and helping teach land use to the new or older folks.
It is important to be involved, and engaged in the land use decisions that affect our ability to off-road, overland or just have fun in the forest or public lands in general.

Todd

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Welcome welcome, Todd, a pleasure to have you aboard.

I get down through Odessa - Midland way pretty much every year, often twice or more a year. Monahans, Tommy Lee Jones country, etc.

I know the "rest is history" story myself of getting into something then of a sudden being its president. For me it was with a statewide writer's organization.

What a pleasure to have you here, and on Del's recommendation, too.

My position, and what a lot of us are pushing for here on Overland Bound is that:

Overland Bound intends to be a leading and instrumental force in helping members and public better understand land issues and where and how they can be involved in local, national, and international organizations and efforts that promote low-impact land use and responsible recreation.

As members of Overland Bound it is important to not only be involved in responsible trail activities and organizations, but to lead by example for both new members and public. It is up to us, as members, to make this happen in good, positive, ways and to encourage the public to become more involved, as well.
Here's the link to the Land Use - Leave It Better Than You Found It forum, with its current three sub-forums:

0-LandUseForum-3subs-screengrab.png

There's a lot here to wander around through, and a lot more in the works, all aimed at building towards the future so the site and forum can be scaled easily to accommodate growth.

Make yourself to home . . .there's a lot of interesting a terrific folks here.

Let me know if you have any questions, need anything, and if there is any other way I can be of help.

Welcome to Overland Bound,

Road

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas
First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5NXU GMRS:WROE726
Service Branch
USMC
I'm sorry you had to move to Odessa. :smile:

I haven't been there yet but the Guadalupe Mountains National Park is supposed to be pretty nice and it's only 3 hours west of you. There are many spots in New Mexico too. There's always my favorite spot, Big Bend about three and a half hours from you.

Anyways, welcome to the site!

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
By gosh Navy-Jeeper, it sounds like you are an old school guy who sees the potential in being a part of this forum and sharing your knowledge and experience with others. Great to have you here!

Reactions: Road and Corrie

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

I got involved when a guy was looking for warm bodies to fill a class to teach land use.

The wheeling is a lot different here in Texas than in Cali. We use to do a fair amount of loading up the jeep with tent, coolers and food and hit the High Sierra's. Not much like that here though.

Looking forward to being an active part of this group, and helping teach land use to the new or older folks.
It is important to be involved, and engaged in the land use decisions that affect our ability to off-road, overland or just have fun in the forest or public lands in general.

Todd
Hi, Todd - Welcome! Great to have you around these parts. Looking forward to your contributions around here! :)

Corrie

Reactions: Road and Kent R

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Todd
Hello Todd and welcome to the OB crew..looking forward to seeing your adventures and learning about what you have to share

Reactions: Road and Corrie

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Todd
Welcome Todd from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders If your a friend of Del's your a friend of ours.

uss

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Odessa TX
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Ockert
Member #

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I hope to be able to contribute to the group and make an impact on our views of land use and access.

Todd

Reactions: Road and Kent R

uss

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Odessa TX
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Ockert
Member #

Thought I would upload a picture of our Jeep.

These are from the Swamp Lake trail in the Sierra National Forest.

Todd

Attachments

Reactions: Road

Big Jake

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Midland Texas
Member #

We need to plan an OB meetup here in Midland or Odessa sometime soon.
I agree. Or maybe I'll see you at work. I re-read your post and the timing just seemed right for a bunch of guys that just came in from SJV. Then I found you on the global email list! Ha ha! Small world.

uss

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Odessa TX
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Ockert
Member #

I agree. Or maybe I'll see you at work. I re-read your post and the timing just seemed right for a bunch of guys that just came in from SJV. Then I found you on the global email list! Ha ha! Small world.
Yea, I am one of the guys that just got here in January.
My office is N3202.
Look for the Jeep pictures hanging on my door.

Todd

Big Jake

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Midland Texas
Member #

Yea, I am one of the guys that just got here in January.
My office is N3202.
Look for the Jeep pictures hanging on my door.

Todd
Sounds like you’re in the big office. I live by there but work out of the Odessa West on 1270.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk