Manassas, VA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thomas
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4SXK
Hey All,
I am relatively new to this forum, though I've been lurking for a while to poach ideas for my 2010 4Runner TE and 2007 Tundra DC. I also have 1981 FJ40 that I bought in 1997 that is built more for rock crawling, but we've loaded it up and taken for week long off-road excursions as well. That was before kids, of course.
Now that my girls are at the ages where they don't need constant attention and I feel they need forced breaks from technology and experience the joys of getting into the wilderness, I am kitting out the 4Runner for remote camping and fly fishing trips with the entire family, mostly in the VA, WV and PA region, but I plan to expand our range and travel to the iconic trails and National Parks and Forests around the country. The Tundra is largely a tow rig for the FJ40, and has historically stored my spares and tools for the FJ40.

I am the VP of the Capital Land Cruiser Club, based out of Northern Virginia and am a long time supporting member of ih8mud, where i have the same user name.
Looking forward to learning and contributing to this forum as well.

2010 TE:
4runner FPN 2019.jpeg

FJ40:
Island Backroads  tou 430 (Medium) (2).JPG

Cheers,
Stump

Last edited:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey All,
I am relatively new to this forum, though I've been lurking for a while to poach ideas for my 2010 4Runner TE and 2007 Tundra DC. I also have 1981 FJ40 that I bought in 1997 that is built more for rock crawling, but we've loaded it up and taken for week long off-road excursions as well. That was before kids, of course.
Now that my girls are at the ages where they don't need constant attention and I feel they need forced breaks from technology and experience the joys of getting into the wilderness, I am kitting out the 4Runner for remote camping and fly fishing trips with the entire family, mostly in the VA, WV and PA region, but I plan to expand our range and travel to the iconic trails and National Parks and Forests around the country. The Tundra is largely a tow rig for the FJ40, and has historically stored my spares and tools for the FJ40.

I am the VP of the Capital Land Cruiser Club, based out of Northern Virginia and am a long time supporting member of ih8mu, where i have the same user name.
Looking forward to learning and contributing to this forum as well.

2010 TE:
View attachment 136602

FJ40:
View attachment 136603

Cheers,
Stump
Hello Mike and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toys. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.