New Guy In Northern VA

• HTML tutorial

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

Hey guys! I'm new to the forums and relatively new to off-roading. I'm driving a '13 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior with simple 3" Lift and 35's. Within the first month of owning it I got it scratched up off-roading. My wife still won't let me live it down but hey, that's what this truck was made for. Either way, I'm smart enough not to go out alone so I don't get to do much riding since I don't know other wheelers around me. So if you're near Northern VA and are willing to guide a huge truck some trails please hit me up. I'm in Woodbridge, VA.

I'm a member of several other forums and what turns me off about them is the elitism. Like if you lift your truck "there is only one way or your whole truck will fall apart" mentality. I'm hoping this forum will be different where people are actually open to helping rather than just criticizing and bickering. One day I hope to be Overland ready, but with growing family of 5 that might be a while.

On a side note, I'm heading to the event called Appalachian Toyota Round Up. Is anybody going? It'd be much more fun with some company. Hit me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

Wish I had some better ones of going off roading on my phone but I'll have to get those later from the computer. But this is my ride. Fairly stock except for the leveling kit and tires. Lucky me that's it's already a good looking truck to start with. ;) Almost 100K miles and still looking and riding like new. Except for the off roading scars of course. I wear those proudly.

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
Welcome from the Richmond area. People here a very nice and willing to help. I have not heard of Appalachian Toyota Round Up but will look it up. I am just starting work on my '95 Tacoma. Ordered a front bumper and rock slides today at local dealer. Overland Expo East is coming to Asheville, NC 9/29-10/1. I hope to go.

Reactions: Nootherids

Ripper

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

606 Swadley Road, Johnson City, TN, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Crawford
Member #

Hey guys! I'm new to the forums and relatively new to off-roading. I'm driving a '13 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior with simple 3" Lift and 35's. Within the first month of owning it I got it scratched up off-roading. My wife still won't let me live it down but hey, that's what this truck was made for. Either way, I'm smart enough not to go out alone so I don't get to do much riding since I don't know other wheelers around me. So if you're near Northern VA and are willing to guide a huge truck some trails please hit me up. I'm in Woodbridge, VA.

I'm a member of several other forums and what turns me off about them is the elitism. Like if you lift your truck "there is only one way or your whole truck will fall apart" mentality. I'm hoping this forum will be different where people are actually open to helping rather than just criticizing and bickering. One day I hope to be Overland ready, but with growing family of 5 that might be a while.

On a side note, I'm heading to the event called Appalachian Toyota Round Up. Is anybody going? It'd be much more fun with some company. Hit me up.

Last edited:

Ripper

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

606 Swadley Road, Johnson City, TN, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Crawford
Member #

Welcome to OB, very nice rig.

The1sojourner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Herdon, VA
Member #

Hello and welcome! I am new to this forum and new to northern VA. I am in Herndon. Member 6553 in a tan Jeep JKU so say hello if you see me around. I am going to be scouting a few trails near Harrisonburg VA and I will let you know when I head out there. Not sure what the trails are like but I have heard good things. Also, nice truck!

Reactions: Nootherids