Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern California, CA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Kemp
Member #

Hello all, just recently came upon overlanding and it looked to be something that’d be a lot of fun to do with my wife. I’ve already started planning our first multi day trip for this summer and going to be planning another trip across to North Carolina for this fall. My rig is a 16 F-250 that I’ve already add too much stuff too. I’m a bit of a gear but. Ha. Hope to learn lots from everyone here and hopefully give some good advice/tips along the way.

IMG_3456.jpg
IMG_3382.jpg
IMG_3399.jpg

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello all, just recently came upon overlanding and it looked to be something that’d be a lot of fun to do with my wife. I’ve already started planning our first multi day trip for this summer and going to be planning another trip across to North Carolina for this fall. My rig is a 16 F-250 that I’ve already add too much stuff too. I’m a bit of a gear but. Ha. Hope to learn lots from everyone here and hopefully give some good advice/tips along the way.

View attachment 86809
View attachment 86810
View attachment 86811
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. There are quite a few meetups and planned trips in NorCal.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message your Regional Director or Representative they are there to help.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

NorCalJoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Joe
Last Name
Kemp
Member #

Welcome! Nice setup =) but doesn't the tent that high up cause loads of win noise? I see most people carry it lower / flat with the cab.
To be honest I haven’t noticed any increase in wind noise with where it’s mounted. I use to have it mounted on a campershell and didn’t notice any increase of noise on that either. Only thing it hurts it mpg. Ha.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 86809
View attachment 86810
View attachment 86811
Welcome to Overland Bound
Depending on your location in NorCal we have several meet-ups, get me a little closer to a location I will steer to one.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m in the Colusa county area.
We dont have any local meet-ups close to you but we do have lots of trips starting in the Sierra Foothills around Placerville. Look on the calendar for the Sierra Foothills Overlanders you might find a trip or trail cleanup that works for you.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 86809
View attachment 86810
View attachment 86811
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....great looking rig and nice setup. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

NorCalJoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Joe
Last Name
Kemp
Member #

We dont have any local meet-ups close to you but we do have lots of trips starting in the Sierra Foothills around Placerville. Look on the calendar for the Sierra Foothills Overlanders you might find a trip or trail cleanup that works for you.
Thanks for the info I’ll keep my eye open for them. Been wanting to learn more of the trails and roads over in that neck of the woods.

JustDriveBro

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chico, CA, USA
Member #

Hey another Norcal overlander! I'm over here in Chico, Welcome!! Nice setup man I really love those rack systems and all the things you can add to them.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for the info I’ll keep my eye open for them. Been wanting to learn more of the trails and roads over in that neck of the woods.[/QUOTE
Info is also on the Sierra Foothills Overlanders FB page