Launch Member

Influencer II

Concord, California, United States
First Name
Barron
Last Name
Flanders
Member #

Hello everyone. I wanted to start a thread for us to debut our new equipment. I just got a Front Runner 20L water Jerry can. its one of Scott Brady from overland Journal's favorite. It's got a nice spout on the bottom. Eventually I want to put a food grade hose with a quick disconnect and run the hose down my ladder. Can't wait to get out and use it!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Nice gear, like it. But I cant see the hose very well. Could you make a better picture for that.

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Ah, thanks, I was already making an appointment with the opticien.

Greetings from Robert

BEAR

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Barron
Last Name
Flanders
Member #

4176 said:
Nice. Being up on the roof rack do you worry about hanging it on tree limbs?
Haven't thought of that to be honest. I got my tire up there so that should take some of the limbs first. Guess I'll just have to see

Love the winch. I can wait till I can get a winch and bumper

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Barron I love this! I've had my eye on it for a while! Did you paint them or are they that dark? I imagine if you are concerned with height you could lay it flat. I'd have mine upright as well. My gear on the roof is pretty tall.

M

BEAR

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Barron
Last Name
Flanders
Member #

They came that color. Yeah I can't wait to use it. I just realized that I have done the corral hollow trail. So maybe I'll get up there in the next couple weeks and do an overnighter. Last time it was just a day trip.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Barron,

One thing is for sure, that in the summer due the sun, you will have warm, or at least warmer water to shower. I guess that was the intention. If it is also drinking water, i hope you will have some cooler water in the car as well.
I think when it is around 25 degrees celsius you can almost make tea out of the water from your top.

As we are going to morocco this year, we will have these little black reservoirs to have a shower at the end of the day.

Love the solution.

Greetings from Robert

BEAR

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Barron
Last Name
Flanders
Member #

That is a good point and my plan for that was to put the drinking water for the day into bottles and put them in the ARB fridge. That's a nice shower. I was thinking about the "road shower" but I need to get out more before I get all those goodies. Plus I'm having second thoughts on having all that stuff up on the rack.

E

expeditionnorth

4285 said:
Hello Barron,

One thing is for sure, that in the summer due the sun, you will have warm, or at least warmer water to shower. I guess that was the intention. If it is also drinking water, i hope you will have some cooler water in the car as well.
I think when it is around 25 degrees celsius you can almost make tea out of the water from your top.

As we are going to morocco this year, we will have these little black reservoirs to have a shower at the end of the day.

Love the solution.

Greetings from Robert
I have 2 of those & found that by painting the clear side black it helps to better absorb heat

but placing it on a black rig is best LOL

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Picked up a small rack so I can throw my spare and fuel on top. I know some have preferences as to metal of plastic jerry cans. Any thoughts from anyone? Planning on two 5gal cans and using a Super Siphon.

CA Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Robert,

Metal looks cooler. Plastic is more durable, doesnt rust. And is stronger. But it does dent and is in combination with sand and other metals sensitive for static electricity. So, before refuling your rig with a metal jerrycan, first ground that one to the rig. Before opening both fuel caps.

Found that tip from a guy who writes for a south african 4xforum and magazine. He also does very nice video's on you tube.
Name is Andrew St.Pierre White.

Anyway, if you could find plastic jerrycans which look like metal ones, your the man.

Greetings from Robert

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

@Euro Robert...Thanks man! I have had many people tell me plastic is the way to go, and a very die hard group says to go with the NATO jerry cans for the coolness factor.
I have seen that show on Youtube too... and Ronny Dahl's... and Your4x4 etc...makes me want to move to Australia! They can go anywhere!

California Robert

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

I posted this on my other thread. Got my Maxtrax last month. still waiting to get stuck, so I can take the easy way out!!

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

I found a place that sells precut matte black hood vinyls! For under $100. www.crawlorado.com

@Frisly- Love the maxxtraxx. My brother works in Colorado and goes way off the grid for work and swears by them.

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

4565 said:
Picked up a small rack so I can throw my spare and fuel on top. I know some have preferences as to metal of plastic jerry cans. Any thoughts from anyone? Planning on two 5gal cans and using a Super Siphon.

CA Robert
Robert, Go with Plastic. Scepter cans are the best! I have them. 5gal cans. Fuel and water. Thanks for the link on hood vinyls.
Frisly

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
4260 said:
I just realized that I have done the corral hollow trail. So maybe I’ll get up there in the next couple weeks and do an overnighter. Last time it was just a day trip.
Check for snow this time of year. If you can't get to Corral Hollow trail, you can camp at lower elevations!