RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
As long as ive been around there is just mud hole to mud hole. We started going out the state two years ago to try and find different terrain. Get with me through email and we will can talk about trips.

Louisiana Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ventress, Louisiana
Member #

Great to see some locals. Any tips on semi local areas?
Good looking truck! Im in Ventress near Baton Rouge and am just getting started in this with a new 4runner. We have Kisatchie Natiinal Forrest a couple hours north of me in central Louisiana. There are several ranger districts spread out around the Alexandria area. Im planning a second trip there next week. Miles and miles of gravel and dirt roads there plus logging roads and camping areas. Counting you, theres at least 4 members here from the bayou state. We ought to set up a meet!

John Crochet

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cut Off, Louisiana
Member #

Good looking truck! Im in Ventress near Baton Rouge and am just getting started in this with a new 4runner. We have Kisatchie Natiinal Forrest a couple hours north of me in central Louisiana. There are several ranger districts spread out around the Alexandria area. Im planning a second trip there next week. Miles and miles of gravel and dirt roads there plus logging roads and camping areas. Counting you, theres at least 4 members here from the bayou state. We ought to set up a meet!
I agree, a meet is a great idea. It looks like some guys get together near the Lafayette area. Call this the southeast Louisiana meet.

Louisiana Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ventress, Louisiana
Member #

Also in the Boot with a Tundra!

How is Kisatchie for Trucks? I've been multiple times on my ATV but havent been down many of the roads in my truck.

So far I hve made one trip. A quick overnighter and drove some forest service roads(maintained gravel) and a few logging roads (unmaintained dirt/gravel). I didnt experience anything technical on that trip with the one exception of a pretty bad water filled muddy hole/bog. I was able to negotiate it in 4wd low with stock tires by keeping two wheels out of it easily enough. Motor vehicles arent allowed on any atv or motorcycle trails. If you google kisatchie national forrest you can go to the maps link and view and download maps from each district as pdf. I printed some out for the trip next week. Ill be heading that way Sunday after work to the Stuart Lake campground and will spend Monday exploring the calcasiu district. Not sure where we will camp Monday, but I will head to a different district for TuesdAy and Tuesday night. We will drive home Wednesday. Ill share more as I get more familiar with itand Ill explore with intention of putting together a weekend meet and trek for a group of us. Is anyone near Baton Rouge?

Reactions: Jblac15

Jblac15

Rank 0

Traveler I

So far I hve made one trip. A quick overnighter and drove some forest service roads(maintained gravel) and a few logging roads (unmaintained dirt/gravel). I didnt experience anything technical on that trip with the one exception of a pretty bad water filled muddy hole/bog. I was able to negotiate it in 4wd low with stock tires by keeping two wheels out of it easily enough. Motor vehicles arent allowed on any atv or motorcycle trails. If you google kisatchie national forrest you can go to the maps link and view and download maps from each district as pdf. I printed some out for the trip next week. Ill be heading that way Sunday after work to the Stuart Lake campground and will spend Monday exploring the calcasiu district. Not sure where we will camp Monday, but I will head to a different district for TuesdAy and Tuesday night. We will drive home Wednesday. Ill share more as I get more familiar with itand Ill explore with intention of putting together a weekend meet and trek for a group of us. Is anyone near Baton Rouge?
Awesome thanks for the info. I'm just outside of Baton Rouge in Denham Springs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk