Bunyan

Rank 0

Contributor I

Buffalo, NY
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Hopkins
Hey all, obviously new here. I'm from Buffalo, NY and I'm just getting started into Overlanding. My wife and I just bought a truck camper together and took it out on its maiden voyage this past weekend. I knew the camper itself was tipping the scales towards a little heavy. I've upgraded the tires to 10 ply Grabber ATXs and saw a huge improvement. Next we're going to tackle the suspension. I've spoken to a couple local spring shops in the area for some quotes and recommendations. I'm not looking for a huge lift, I just want less squat in the rear. However, I'll probably redo the springs in both the front and rear so they match.
Like I said we took our first trip this past weekend and really enjoyed ourselves. We have a few trips planned this summer. One being an adventure out to Colorado to see the Adventure van expo in Dillon, Adventure Van Expo. Of course we need to get the truck up to snuff first.

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey all, obviously new here. I'm from Buffalo, NY and I'm just getting started into Overlanding. My wife and I just bought a truck camper together and took it out on its maiden voyage this past weekend. I knew the camper itself was tipping the scales towards a little heavy. I've upgraded the tires to 10 ply Grabber ATXs and saw a huge improvement. Next we're going to tackle the suspension. I've spoken to a couple local spring shops in the area for some quotes and recommendations. I'm not looking for a huge lift, I just want less squat in the rear. However, I'll probably redo the springs in both the front and rear so they match.
Like I said we took our first trip this past weekend and really enjoyed ourselves. We have a few trips planned this summer. One being an adventure out to Colorado to see the Adventure van expo in Dillon, Adventure Van Expo. Of course we need to get the truck up to snuff first.
Hello Nathan and welcome to the OB crew...great looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Reactions: Bunyan

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Welcome to OB and the East Region from Central New York!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)