New Fridge, got it under $275

• HTML tutorial

tundraconvert

Rank 0

Traveler I

Have used it a few trips now, week on the north rim, few days in the Sierras, couple local camp outs, so far works great, need to watch the temp you set to, I did to low thinking the unit might not work so well, froze my stuff LOL now I set to correct temp and runs great. Thinking on getting another one, on for freezer only for those longer trips.....I would say get one for sure.
I love mine.

Jim
Perfect, thank you.

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
Dometic makes that fridge. They also make the ARB one along with the Cosway brand. but hell don't matter whos fridge it is for the price you paid....Rock on Brother I would have taken any brand for that price and size! They're good fridges!

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Source dried up waiting for more (If they get anymore).

Jim

OtherOrb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ
First Name
Moses
Last Name
H
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7QIF
Resurrecting a dead thread:

I bought one of these fridges some time back, after seeing this post.

It worked great for about six months and then the control panel stopped working (mostly). I can sometimes get it to bring the temperature down, but cannot ever raise the temperature. So, basically I can get it to behave as a freezer but not as a fridge. I'm not terribly disappointed as it was cheap and I didn't expect it to last very long. There's (also? related?) definitely a short somewhere in the electronics, but I don't know if I'll bother to take it apart. I might just keep it as a freezer.

I've now have a ICECO dual-zone fridge, which is much larger and probably overkill for what I'm currently doing, but it was on sale and with free shipping. Going to use it for a week-long trip to Bryce and Kodachrome later this year.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Resurrecting a dead thread:

I bought one of these fridges some time back, after seeing this post.

It worked great for about six months and then the control panel stopped working (mostly). I can sometimes get it to bring the temperature down, but cannot ever raise the temperature. So, basically I can get it to behave as a freezer but not as a fridge. I'm not terribly disappointed as it was cheap and I didn't expect it to last very long. There's (also? related?) definitely a short somewhere in the electronics, but I don't know if I'll bother to take it apart. I might just keep it as a freezer.

I've now have a ICECO dual-zone fridge, which is much larger and probably overkill for what I'm currently doing, but it was on sale and with free shipping. Going to use it for a week-long trip to Bryce and Kodachrome later this year.
Thanks for the follow up, mine still ok but going to use it Friday thru Monday and it has been sitting for a few months......
Where did you find the ICECO?

OtherOrb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ
First Name
Moses
Last Name
H
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7QIF
Thanks for the follow up, mine still ok but going to use it Friday thru Monday and it has been sitting for a few months......
Where did you find the ICECO?
I purchased directly from their site.

They have also have a 10% off coupon that stacked on top of their sale, bundled insulating bag, and free shipping. It's not a ton of savings, but I decided that the cheap route didn't work out so I wanted to get something with some reputation behind it. Their compressors come with a 5-year warranty, though the rest is only covered for a year.

I went with the dual-zone 68.7Qt model. Each zone is fully independent from the other and I can even turn off one or the other zones if I don't need it. It has positive-lock lids with latches instead of the spring-loaded lock on the Costway.

Anyway, the Costway was worth the several times I used it, and it still sort-of works, so I don't feel like I got ripped off, but I think I'm going to be a lot happier with the ICECO.

Reactions: Viking1204

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Update.

Still works perfect, Love it and wish I had another just to have.....

Jim

Reactions: DMS1