Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Not an ARB or one of the thousand dollar units out there, but great for my tiny budget.....Good reviews and the thing is so quiet I thought it was broken and not running....
Site said it had packing damage, and that is all I see wrong and it was small, did not even hardly dent the foam inside.....

Will let you know how it does on the trail later on.

Jim

Attachments

Pathfinder I

Canada
First Name
Craig
Last Name
PereferNotToSay
Personally not familiar with that brand but if it's 1/4 as good as a Dometic or ARB, you did very well for the price. It seems to have very favourable reviews on Amazon as well.

I'll be interested to hear your perspective after long-term use!

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Not an ARB or one of the thousand dollar units out there, but great for my tiny budget.....Good reviews and the thing is so quiet I thought it was broken and not running....
Site said it had packing damage, and that is all I see wrong and it was small, did not even hardly dent the foam inside.....

Jim
Jim,
Congradulations on your new refrigerator! I hope it works out great! I think you scored bigtime! Vance.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
There's several people re-branding the same fridge. I was looking at that one and another which just had a different name. The one you got would be nice for the back seat of my new Tacoma. The only reason I didn't get it was I wanted to see who made it and then look at reviews. I cant see spending 1k on an ARB.
I have a 50 qt Edgestar I scored on sale at Home Depo online about two years ago for $430 for my trailer. The ARB version of that is outrageous.
So far all the people I know who bought the cheaper fridges, have had the same life span as the ones I know with the ARB's
The only thing I see on the cheaper ones is, you need to add a cover if your in a hot climate.
Please post good or poor after you had it a while.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307

Jim
You did notice who wants to go test it out on the road didn't you. The pup says you can pack some mighty good treats for him/her in there.:kissingheart:

Last edited:

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Nice score! I thought I had seen someone else post this manufacturer previously and that they had pretty good luck with it.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Got you a picture to look at on the battery issue..
Thanks, with my oldest boy still in college my Overland Project funding is pretty low so a 2nd battery solution will probably win out over the Lithium Portable Generators for now.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Thanks, with my oldest boy still in college my Overland Project funding is pretty low so a 2nd battery solution will probably win out over the Lithium Portable Generators for now.
WELL IT'LL WORK TILL SOMETHING ELSE BETTER COMES ALONG IS MY THINKING. HAVENT HAD ONE IN COLLAGE IN SINCE 1980 BUT I CAN REMEMBER THE PRIORITIES, NOW HE IS HAVING TO DO THE SAME WITH HIS ONLY DAUGHTER. A LITTLE RAISED WOOD PLATFORM IN THE REAR (JUST TALL ENOUGH TO CLEAR THE BATTERY WITH SIDE ATTACHMENTS) -THAT YOU CAN PUT THE BATTERY UNDER AND STORE THINGS ON TOP MIGHT HELP THE SPACE PROBLEM. I COULD DRAW YOU A SKETCH OF HOW TO DO IT SO THAT THE BATTERY OR BATTERIES WONT FRAIL AROUND BACK THERE IF YOUD LIKE.

Reactions: Viking1204

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Curious, what size is it and where did you find it for such a great price?
It was ebay, they list them as no name but they are costway, they list them as used but the are new, only the box (unopened) had some damage not enough to even get thru to foam.....

Jim

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
IS this post in ref to another thread? I am lost...LOL
I believe it was started under NEW GEAR forum and the titled " New Frig - got it under $." Viking1204 asked a question about a battery I bought cheaply at Wal-Mart for $80. It was listed as a marine deep cycle battery. I posted a picture of the top of the battery because it says it's has 135 amp hours @ 1A. He thought it wasn't large enough for his needs. Now you can go back and catch up on the whole conversation between mostly he and I.
I get lost all the time on this site and to make things worse in this particular thread I don't know enough about electronics to keep up with these geniuses, But I'm learning a little here and a little there. Just enough to still be stupid on the subject.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
It was ebay, they list them as no name but they are costway, they list them as used but the are new, only the box (unopened) had some damage not enough to even get thru to foam.....

Jim
Awesome, thanks! I'll check out Ebay when I have some free money! Hmm, what can I sell LOL!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
IS this post in ref to another thread? I am lost...LOL
Sorry Jim, I think I was the one who screwed up the conversation about Refrigerators. Some how I thought Viking was talking to me and I answered him about a completely different subject (Batteries) when he mentions something about needing more storage capacity of more solar. Sorry I screwed up the thread.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I was confused too LOL! Lanlubber, the only battery I thought wasn't large enough was the one someone posted from Cabelas, it was a small battery you would use in Game Cameras or automatic feeders. I think the battery you have is a great deal, 135 ah for $80 is awesome!

BTW, below is the thread where I said he battery wasn't enough for what I was planning, it was an 8 ah Cabela's battery I was referring too, not Lanlubber's LOL!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I was confused too LOL! Lanlubber, the only battery I thought wasn't large enough was the one someone posted from Cabelas, it was a small battery you would use in Game Cameras or automatic feeders. I think the battery you have is a great deal, 135 ah for $80 is awesome!

BTW, below is the thread where I said he battery wasn't enough for what I was planning, it was an 8 ah Cabela's battery I was referring too, not Lanlubber's LOL!

Thanks for clearing up my screw up. I see now how it happened.
BTY I am going back and buy another 24ms2 battery so that I have two batteries (in addition to the car battery) in a battery box I will build to hold them across the back bottom of my LRD2 with a shelf above for placing my 2 deep drawer unit and Ref if I can ever decide on which one I will buy. The extra space next to the batteries can be useful storage space for retrieval equipment and tools. I might even build the box where one half is higher than the other so that I can place a 10 or 20 # bottle of propane on the bottom with the frig on top. My stove will be in the pull out drawer unit to the left of the frig and above the batteries.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Sorry Jim, I think I was the one who screwed up the conversation about Refrigerators. Some how I thought Viking was talking to me and I answered him about a completely different subject (Batteries) when he mentions something about needing more storage capacity of more solar. Sorry I screwed up the thread.
No worries, glad I got my mind...LOL