Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Jim, tanks a lot for the info on the ebay refer unit. The price is within my reach and I think it will be more than sufficient for me if My two 12v deep cycle batteries will hold up for it's needs for several days without charging. I don't know how to figure out all that electrical calculations but I can always use my (00 w mini generator. I'm by myself so I have more room than people with passengers and I camp away from other people when I use my generator even tho it is very quiet, it sounds like a lion out in the outback. again, thanks for the info !! My name is Jim too but I use Lanlubber to eliminate confusion

Reactions: Jim SoG

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Got the new one today, charging and will test the LEDs once fully charged. The old unit worked very well for my cooler, 2.5 days average, so plenty of power for the cooler.

Jim

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Found a wrap for the cooler from a shop on fb, here is the info, form what I can see it is the one for these coolers but do your own research...LOL or wait as I am buying one.

Call the shop at 541-295-8012 or email mike@mikescustomtoys.com

Jim

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Got the new one today, charging and will test the LEDs once fully charged. The old unit worked very well for my cooler, 2.5 days average, so plenty of power for the cooler.

Jim
Amazon has sold them all. Was hoping they would last until after the first of the month so I could order one.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
anyone have any experience with Koolatron 36 qt. Kool Kaddy Cooler ? or this one 42 Quart Portable RV Refrigerator/Freezer Compact Vehicle Car Fridge Compressor Electric Cooler for Car,Truck,RV,Boat,Outdoor and Home use 12/24V DC and 90-250 AC,Cooling from 68°F to -13°F . I just cant justify anything more expensive. One is cheap the other is moderate.

by Linsion

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
That's the same one different size , I wanted from amazon. Amazon called it a Costway. What do you think about it ? Do you have any knowledge about this refer ? It doesn't have a brand name for some reason it but looks like the Costway. If you'll notice they are sold out of that one too. It says availability 0.
The one I am showing here has a 5 star rating and only 20 $ more.
Have you ever heard of it. I think it is a Kenmore.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Heads up. These have been sold out but a few more were list available today. At the time of this post there are 4 left for $279 shipped. I don't have the extra funds or I'd order one myself.
Heads up. These have been sold out but a few more were list available today. At the time of this post there are 4 left for $279 shipped. I don't have the extra funds or I'd order one myself.
Dang, I missed again, They are down to 4 already . They will be gone by morn and I dun spent my wad for the month. :cry: These SS checks don't go very furr.
Guess I'll have to keep using my Igloo or quit going camping. Thanks for the watchful eye Twisted

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

when I decided to take the plunge on buying a portable fridg\freez I had a lot of questions I asked myself. The most important was reliability. I didn't want a portable fridg that would quite working after a few trips or even a year & or shuts off at rough offroad travels. Another was power consumption, even though price on lesser expensive portable fridg's were tempting there use of power was another issue that concerned me. On American Adventurist forum I asked several members about portable fridg\freez, the majority of them who replied to me stating "buy once cry once." I ended up purchasing Engel MT27 22qt., even though the price of the Engel was shocking the reliability, extremely low power consumption made up for the sticker price shock. Since then I've upgraded to a larger Engel 40qt. MR040 & love the Engel. I am not saying Engel is the best what I am saying is to invest into a portable 12v.\110 fridg\freez price isn't always the best mark for purchasing a portable fridg\freez. The reason of Engel, ARB, Snomaster, Dometic are in the higher price bracket is of quality parts, low power consumption, consistently unfailing customer service, reliability of keeping steady temperature & offroad travels ruggedness. There lots of copycats 12v. fridgs out their, & the most well known complaints are customer service, power consumption & reliability. These copy cats have horrible customer service (usually over seas) limited warranty, power consumption is moderate to twice the consumption of a known brand. Many quality 12v.\110 portable fridg\freez like Engel have yearly sales that drop the price low as 200.00 off list price @ certain times of the year. I know this, I bought both of my Engels this way. Another option is a buying a good quality fridg\freez used from another fellow adventurist. I see these up for sale all the time on American Adventurist & other forums.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
when I decided to take the plunge on buying a portable fridg\freez I had a lot of questions I asked myself. The most important was reliability. I didn't want a portable fridg that would quite working after a few trips or even a year & or shuts off at rough offroad travels. Another was power consumption, even though price on lesser expensive portable fridg's were tempting there use of power was another issue that concerned me. On American Adventurist forum I asked several members about portable fridg\freez, the majority of them who replied to me stating "buy once cry once." I ended up purchasing Engel MT27 22qt., even though the price of the Engel was shocking the reliability, extremely low power consumption made up for the sticker price shock. Since then I've upgraded to a larger Engel 40qt. MR040 & love the Engel. I am not saying Engel is the best what I am saying is to invest into a portable 12v.\110 fridg\freez price isn't always the best mark for purchasing a portable fridg\freez. The reason of Engel, ARB, Snomaster, Dometic are in the higher price bracket is of quality parts, low power consumption, consistently unfailing customer service, reliability of keeping steady temperature & offroad travels ruggedness. There lots of copycats 12v. fridgs out their, & the most well known complaints are customer service, power consumption & reliability. These copy cats have horrible customer service (usually over seas) limited warranty, power consumption is moderate to twice the consumption of a known brand. Many quality 12v.\110 portable fridg\freez like Engel have yearly sales that drop the price low as 200.00 off list price @ certain times of the year. I know this, I bought both of my Engels this way. Another option is a buying a good quality fridg\freez used from another fellow adventurist. I see these up for sale all the time on American Adventurist & other forums.
Thank you, nothing speaks as well as experience. Advise is very much appreciated when it comes from someone who uses the product and is a happy camper.

OtherOrb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ
First Name
Moses
Last Name
H
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7QIF
If you're willing to trust a random website with your financial details and that it will deliver as promised, there's a site that seems to normally sell bow ties selling the Costway 54 Qt. for $100.
I'm not going to link their URL here because I'm not that trusting (see the Google Shopping link at the end of this post). I did just order the fridge from ebay, though.

In the past I have had luck with modifying a small AC mini fridge so it can operate on its back. I was able to run it plugged into an inverter. However, you need a rather large battery pack to operate the thing for any length of time. That wasn't a problem when I had my Tundra but I'm not so excited about it now that I've got a Tacoma again.

Here's the Google Shopping URL (sort by price, low to high):

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Just nabbed one using my PayPal 6 months no interest, hard to pass up considering it's $100 less than they sell on Amazon. Now I just need a RTT and I'll be ready for fall hunting and camping season! Now 2 left!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
If you're willing to trust a random website with your financial details and that it will deliver as promised, there's a site that seems to normally sell bow ties selling the Costway 54 Qt. for $100.
I'm not going to link their URL here because I'm not that trusting (see the Google Shopping link at the end of this post). I did just order the fridge from ebay, though.

In the past I have had luck with modifying a small AC mini fridge so it can operate on its back. I was able to run it plugged into an inverter. However, you need a rather large battery pack to operate the thing for any length of time. That wasn't a problem when I had my Tundra but I'm not so excited about it now that I've got a Tacoma again.

Here's the Google Shopping URL (sort by price, low to high):
I checked the site out. I'm with you I don't trust it and the price is to good to believe. Very tempting to try. It could be a forgery of a Cosway product..

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Wow, guess I lucked out and grab one in the nick of time, 0 left now! I'm sure they'll get more though, seems they know where to get the damaged container ones at a discount!

Reactions: Twisted

Twisted

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NW Oregon
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

I checked the site out. I'm with you I don't trust it and the price is to good to believe. Very tempting to try. It could be a forgery of a Cosway product..
I sent them an email asking various questions. Not super interested in their answers but more so how they answer if that makes sense.

Twisted

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NW Oregon
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

Wow, guess I lucked out and grab one in the nick of time, 0 left now! I'm sure they'll get more though, seems they know where to get the damaged container ones at a discount!
Nice! I wanted a little more feedback/reviews before I purchased the same way. A fridge isn't really high up on my "need/want" list so wasn't jumping right on it.