Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I hope this year I will be able to cross borders in NJ and NY during summer time . It's like been locked up back in USSR , MD , WV and PA no farther North

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Well there is the Puppy Dog trail and the Hampster Ride. I think a couple of others. I started the Hampster out of Hollis NH. Some nice little farms and shops around there.

Whole theres a lot of old paved road on the southern Hampster, some of that route is dirt and I imagine will be slick and muddy through Spring.

M

Markpaul1

Im new to the forum but i have been following the overland bound youtube page for years. its awesome to see people from the north east coast here. I am also from Massachusetts about 20 minutes from Springfield Massachusetts. I just bought a 2019 subaru crosstrek premium 6 speed about a month ago. right before this whole quarantine happened.
We should get together and chat about places we know of I’m in Springfield

Reactions: Dirtjumper4130

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
I think the 3 best places would be Maine with a good number of very remote trails and camping, NH and VT with their dispersed camping and class 4/6 roads.
Wife and I did a section last year of Mass and CT where we didn’t see pavement for most of the day, there is also the Trans Mass Trail.
I am working on exploring NY, but I’m aware NEBDR sections 1 and 2 have some dirt or unmaintained roads.
NJ has the pine barrens and the TNJT (although much of that north of Jackson is paved). Appalachian Byway in NJ is 100% paved (just did it this weekend)

I think the majority of what these states have to offer can be done in a Subaru

Dirtjumper4130

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Enfield, Connecticut, United States
First Name
Jay
Last Name
B
Member #

Im new to the forum but i have been following the overland bound youtube page for years. its awesome to see people from the north east coast here. I am also from Massachusetts about 20 minutes from Springfield Massachusetts. I just bought a 2019 subaru crosstrek premium 6 speed about a month ago. right before this whole quarantine happened.
I’m located in Enfield

M

Markpaul1

Best way to reach me is shoot me email to brodeurluna@gmail.com or text 4132765866

M

Markpaul1

Best way to reach me is shoot me email to brodeurluna@gmail.com or text 4132765866
Let’s get a group together and meet up . Any weekend works for me

M

Markpaul1

One thing to talk and write about it another thing to get something organized and going

Dirtjumper4130

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Enfield, Connecticut, United States
First Name
Jay
Last Name
B
Member #

One thing to talk and write about it another thing to get something organized and going
Email sent

Reactions: Dusther210

Bostongal62

Rank IV

Member II

Newport, NH, USA
First Name
Lisa
Last Name
Clivio
Member #

I’m in NH and would love to do a meet up when the weather gets better. I only have a Highlander so I can’t do technical trails but I’m good on dirt roads and forest roads. I have camping gear so I’m ready to go.

Traveler I

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Lynn
Last Name
Brueshaber
Hi! My husband and I (and our 4 month old puppy) are starting to get all our gear together to start overlanding this year! We're also from Springfield area and I was curious about all the good spots in the new england area to start and found myself here in this thread. We're wicked excited to get out there and maybe meet some other overlanders :)

Reactions: Markpaul1

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Out of curiosity, how many among us feel that it is sometimes difficult to get a cohesive group together for a ride, but we may be able to set up a "wrench-fest" thread. You know, whoever has a garage, we get together and turn some wrenches with whoever of us shows up and needs a hand with something?

Reactions: Dusther210
M

Markpaul1

Hi! My husband and I (and our 4 month old puppy) are starting to get all our gear together to start overlanding this year! We're also from Springfield area and I was curious about all the good spots in the new england area to start and found myself here in this thread. We're wicked excited to get out there and maybe meet some other overlanders :)
I know one in wilbraham . We should get together with anyone else in this area and plan meet and greet maybe have a beer