First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

@Kent R just notified me that we have this new subforum and he has asked me to say a few words about it, which I am happy to do.

First of all, thank you to @HYRYSC who brought this idea up recently and to all others who supported this during this forums discussion. And thanks a lot, to @Michael and @Kent R for implementing and setting this up so quickly.

The new subforum “Electronics and Electrical Q&A” is intended for questions and answers relating to power supplies, radio installations, solar setups, dual battery systems, etc.

I think it is really good to have a dedicated section in the forum on these topics. Because there are always a lot of questions and misunderstandings about the wiring system, and mistakes can have serious consequences.

On the other hand, we have many members here and some experts who can give really good advises to help when setting up a wiring.

The new subforum was placed in the Q&A forums. These subforums are to ask and answer "How To" questions about Overlanding. So please ask a question or share your knowledge here about electronics and electricals.

I hope that the Electronics and Electrical Q&A will help to bring light into the darkness on this so important topic. But please always remember: If you are not familiar with a topic or how to do it, then please leave it alone and let a professional do it or at least get help. This is especially true for topics like the correct wiring. Safety first!

It would be great if we could really bundle all questions and answers around the topic here, so that the information is collected in a well-structured way. Some points which I think are really important to reach the goals:
  • When giving advises it is important that you are an expert on the topic and really know what to do as others may rely on the information you provide here. So please keep the quality of the information high and accurate.
  • To make it easier to find information in the forums, please use well descriptive titles and the possibility to set tags.
  • Please add pictures, sketches and circuit diagrams. Especially the diagrams are really helpful when it comes to the 12V setups. And visualisation makes things often easier to understand.
This can really create a very good information base, like a well-stocked library, so to speak.

I am looking forward to a lively discussion and the exchange of experiences with you on this super exciting and important topic.

Thank you to all of you for your very good contributions, which make Overland Bound a valuable resource for overlanding travel and overlanders.

Cheers, Björn

Status
Not open for further replies.