• HTML tutorial

Dgs-T4R

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Oklahoma
Member #

Yep. It's the CURT one.

Haven't heard any response back from retailer customer service. At this point I think I may just order another one it's almost not worth the hassle. Will not go through them in the future though.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
So, I ended up having the same problem with my CURT also. What I discovered was the metal connectors weren't getting good contact and either the lights wouldn't work, or work on on side, or not properly work, etc. I stuck my knife in the male prongs and slight spread the connectors and it fixed the problem. It may not work for you but its worth a try.

Reactions: CM_USMC707

CM_USMC707

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Healdsburg, CA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Meza
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
So, I ended up having the same problem with my CURT also. What I discovered was the metal connectors weren't getting good contact and either the lights wouldn't work, or work on on side, or not properly work, etc. I stuck my knife in the male prongs and slight spread the connectors and it fixed the problem. It may not work for you but its worth a try.
Good to know, I have yet to install my replacement harness, which etrailer finally sent me.

I just put on the Cooper Adventurer AT's in 245/65/17. Will go nice once I put the hazard sky on, which I'll do in a week or two. Having some weird front end noise so dropping it off st the dealer this week since it's still under warranty.

Might be picking up a rtt this week too.

Reactions: Dgs-T4R

Montaska

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Anchorage/Nikiski, Alaska
Member #

I'm also rocking a KL, although I haven't made any progress, yet. I have the Trailhawk trailing arms in a box at home but waiting for my MFC lift to arrive. Then I'm going to get 245/70R17s and throw it all together. Plan is to get a Gobirack and roof top tent after that.

Cali TrailHawk

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

san diego
Member #

- Gobi Rack should be delivered in a couple weeks (ordered 1/13/17)
- it looks like Wilco is working on a double rotopax mount for the hitch gate solo - i'm keeping an eye on that
- waiting on lift/tires, rock rails until the gobi rack installed with RTT to see if everything clears the garage. there may be a 3 inch lift from MFC out soon
- I've driven about 2000 miles with RTT and spent 7 nights in the tent on the stock rails and thule crossbars, its held up well so far. I placed the thule foot packs through the openings at the ends of the rails, and I felt much more confident with the support. i'm getting 25MPG on the freeway going 70mph with the current setup.
- I made a 18x23.5x5.5 inch platform from some scrap wood. under it i have 2 backpacking chairs and a coleman double burner stove.

-Ron #3443

Scarecrow

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

- Gobi Rack should be delivered in a couple weeks (ordered 1/13/17)
- it looks like Wilco is working on a double rotopax mount for the hitch gate solo - i'm keeping an eye on that
- waiting on lift/tires, rock rails until the gobi rack installed with RTT to see if everything clears the garage. there may be a 3 inch lift from MFC out soon
- I've driven about 2000 miles with RTT and spent 7 nights in the tent on the stock rails and thule crossbars, its held up well so far. I placed the thule foot packs through the openings at the ends of the rails, and I felt much more confident with the support. i'm getting 25MPG on the freeway going 70mph with the current setup.
- I made a 18x23.5x5.5 inch platform from some scrap wood. under it i have 2 backpacking chairs and a coleman double burner stove.

-Ron #3443
Do u have the hitch gate and how does it work on ur Kl I wanted to get one for my renegade

dolli310

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Halifax, NS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dollimont
Member #

Does anybody here with a 2.4 I4 equipped Cherokee run a RTT or roof basket? I was wondering how badly it effected the performance of the vehicle. I've been toying with either a Gobi rack or a RTT.

CM_USMC707

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Healdsburg, CA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Meza
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Does anybody here with a 2.4 I4 equipped Cherokee run a RTT or roof basket? I was wondering how badly it effected the performance of the vehicle. I've been toying with either a Gobi rack or a RTT.
I run a roof basket and have the 2.4L, I have also added the 245/65/17 Cooper Adventurer AT's, mileage has gone down about 4 mpg. I am averaging about 22 mpg right now.

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

They are pretty. Are they AWD or do they have real 4wd?

CM_USMC707

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Healdsburg, CA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Meza
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Finally threw the wiring on, this time it went on with absolutely no problems. Everything works as it should without having to stick knives in prongs or anything! :-)

Reactions: Dgs-T4R

dreadpiratejeff

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bear Creek NC
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
L
Member #

They are pretty. Are they AWD or do they have real 4wd?
These days they're pretty much the same. But at least the AD2 and ADL drove systems are 4wd. The ADL (on the Trailhawk) also has an electronically activated locker on the rear, and does two speed (4 Hi and Low).

The 2.4L has a 56:1 crawl ratio and the 3.2L is something like 48:1.

Look them up on YouTube. There aren't many places a new Cherokee can't go.

Cathy

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Washington
Member #

As a new OB member and driver of a 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, I can't help but notice, AM I THE ONLY ONE?
Are there any more of you out here? Would love to connect and see what ideas you have.

2017 pavement princess. New to off roading and over landing. I'm hoping to get some Washington Backcountry Discovery Routes

http://ridebdr.com/WABDR

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

I know it's an older thread but just joined with a Trailhawk. Any reports on how the lifts are working out? Love seeing the other KLs on here.
Definitely late to your comment but I can report no issues with the MFC lift that I've had on my '14 TH for over a yr.