Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Recently bought the small griddle for my 1 burner stove that stays in the RTT Trailer. I liked it so much that I looked at getting one for my Mr. Heater Basecamp 2 burner propane stove that stays in my Winnebago Drop trailer. (rarely do we cook in the trailer) And yes, Partner Steel makes 4 sizes total. So I ordered the 11"x17" griddle and it fits just right. Guess we'll be cooking our burgers, chicken, and steaks on this setup from now on.
Partner Steel Griddle 18x12.jpg

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
Is that nonstick or do you have to season it?

I am thinking of getting a larger griddle to go across my Coleman 2 burner. This Lodge is fine for some stuff but feel it slows me down when I could be cooking more simultaneously like pancakes.

Reactions: RoarinRow

Thekevin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

Randolph, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Cosgrove
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2GHD
Is that nonstick or do you have to season it?

I am thinking of getting a larger griddle to go across my Coleman 2 burner. This Lodge is fine for some stuff but feel it slows me down when I could be cooking more simultaneously like pancakes.

Hey have you considered using a large cast iron griddle/grill combo like this. I've been using one similar for year canoe camping and they work great.

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
I did consider that very Lodge Grill. But the Partner Steel Grill has about a 1" lip around the sides, which was the deciding factor. I figured it would contain grease from bacon and burgers a bit better. If it doesn't work out the Lodge is my backup.

Reactions: wahoowad

jeepnjeff

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I have the Lodge griddle and it works well on my two burner stove. There is a lip on both sides but it's still pretty shallow. Never had any issues with grease buildup spilling over. The downside to the Lodge is that there are no handles (good and bad) and that it's heavy, It's a bit awkward to pack up since you've got to clean it a little to pack it. I end up scraping the big stuff off and throwing it in a plastic bag. I don't want to clean it too much since I want a thicker seasoning to build up.

Thekevin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

Randolph, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Cosgrove
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2GHD
I have the Lodge griddle and it works well on my two burner stove. There is a lip on both sides but it's still pretty shallow. Never had any issues with grease buildup spilling over. The downside to the Lodge is that there are no handles (good and bad) and that it's heavy, It's a bit awkward to pack up since you've got to clean it a little to pack it. I end up scraping the big stuff off and throwing it in a plastic bag. I don't want to clean it too much since I want a thicker seasoning to build up.
Usually what u do to clean it is pour some water on it while it’s hot and use a little brush scrubber. Let’s me get most of the grease and grim off while keeping the seasoning .

Reactions: RickLB