Rank II

Contributor III

Santa Rosa Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Cevolani
Member #

Just had a great weekend with the family renting a travel trailer and spending a few nights at a campsite.

Now I have an itch to get my own and go travel the states.

I don’t want to be held back by ground clearance and not being able to go “off grid” for periods at a time.

I own a 2020 Ranger FX4 and want to know what you all recommend in terms of the best overland travel trailer. I’ve seen what Opus and Black Series have to offer. Now if it was up to me, I’d probably just snag an opus air and go explore, but I have a wife and two young kids, both under 10 years old. So I need a trailer that sleeps 4, and my wife wants a good size bathroom, fridge, and kitchen, like the ones in the HQ19, but then we also need to sleep four, so we need bunks like the HQ17.

I’m trying to convince her on the wet style bathroom, which I may be able to do. This would lead me to get the HQ17, but the problem is the kitchen inside is kind of lacking…

So I’m looking for any ideas of companies that make the “perfect” fit. If I can exhaust all options, then I can easily present the “this is all you get” options to my wife. ;)
Any help or guidance would be great!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Google offroad trailers with a shower, you'll get a bunch of links listing the best of them, there's a lot of them out there! Looks like you're not to far from me. This October I'm going to Overland Expo East in Arrington, VA, great place to see what the Overland community has to offer and see the trailer options first hand. Not a lot of Offroad trailer dealers here in the SouthEast!

Cevy

Rank II

Contributor III

Santa Rosa Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Cevolani
Member #

Thank you so much! Yea my current hurdle is what words to google. I seem to find the exact same rigs when I google, so thank you!

I’ll definitely check out overland expo

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Thank you so much! Yea my current hurdle is what words to google. I seem to find the exact same rigs when I google, so thank you!

I’ll definitely check out overland expo
I went last year for the first time and learned a lot about what is really out there. I had a hard time keeping my lithium battery charged with just my solar panel. I stopped by the REDARC tent and listened to their pitch for their DC-DC charger and bought the last one they had at the show special price. One of them even assisted me with installing it. Super nice to be able to walk around and see all the different vendors in the Overland world in one place displaying their products!

Reactions: Cevy

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
You might want to check out Ember trailers, they may meet some of your needs.

renodemona

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TCT

We got to check out all the trailers at the factory when we picked up our explorer and we actually thought this was the best layout for the "caravan" style ones they make. The price is way out of our range, but for what you get with the off road capability to match, could be an option?