Need Feedback - New Regional Overland Bound Patches

• HTML tutorial

Would you want your Member Number on the Patch?

• Yes

Votes: 87 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 17.1%

• Total voters

Overlandllama

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Orion
Last Name
Walther
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0CKJ
Great work on the patch concepts... they represent the regions nicely. Looking forward to seeing them in production... thanks! Walt

Reactions: Luis Merlo

DavidC365

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA
Member #

They all look great. I like @mitchandbuck 's idea of a coastline for california. The SW one looks amazing and I can't wait to slap that on my headliner.

PS- Can we have a Los Angeles specific one where its the 405 and 101 intersections bumper to bumper? It seems that is where I spent most of my time these days... /rant

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

I think they need to represent those regions more. Maybe get some of the guys to take pictures for better representation? I do like how the Midwest one if flatter as a Kansas boy I feel like that is important. Northeast should be a wooded coastline. I think that would be awesome! Maybe even go into the region sections (If I didn't miss it) and let the region members help decide?

And while I think the Member number is important, we will raise the cost of patches to just add our number. Its a patch, it should be more of a collection. I would love to pick up a patch for the Northwest after going to so many northwest locations to where I feel like thats ok. I don't think the number numbers are important on these. Thats what the Badge is for, or maybe getting the badge style patch with our numbers. I don't see the point of having it on your region because you may change regions, or collect patches like I do. So I'm going to want all of them.

Reactions: ElDusto

dcx13

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Francisco, CA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Horndasch
Member #

As @Maverick911OE stated, "Maybe have a separate member tab you can get with your member number as its own patch." might be the best/most cost effective way. Aside from the variations in the region designs, the patch embroidery would be a standard production design. A tab/rocker is an easy enough piece to produce with simple numerical text, so costs on that should be fairly reasonable as well. It will also allow for a more prominent/less cluttered design of the patch, since the member's number is now separate.
And, coming from a completely personal point of view, a unit patch with a tab/rocker is much more impressive, when compared to just a single insignia (but I'm just a beat up old Grunt, so I may be biased. Haha!)

Here's an example:

Attachments

Reactions: gotricesmurf

Hapla

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Oshawa
First Name
John
Last Name
Philip
Member #

So many ways this is great. ;)

Looking for no cell service but sending this from my smarter then it should be Samsung smart phone. ;)