Need Feedback - New Regional Overland Bound Patches

• HTML tutorial

Would you want your Member Number on the Patch?

• Yes

Votes: 87 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 17.1%

• Total voters

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

I really enjoyed the various designs. I like the main body/background being a natural feature of the area. Feasibly you could also add rocker tabs to notate various regions, achievements, etc. A rocker tab could also be used on a hat that is capable of receiving such.
https://goo.gl/images/xUhUrh

But back to the discussion at hand. I really like the idea and look forward to seeing further.

Reactions: Michael

YPD1

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

yuma, az
Member #

Awesome idea!!! Living here in the desert southwest I must say #7 looks fantastic. Having member numbers on them would be nice, however it might also take up to much room on the patch.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Reactions: Michael

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

As a former resident of tidewater Virginia, I envision the southeast to be represented by a swamp with a stream running through it, infested with mosquitos, alligators, and flamingos, with tiny blue ridge mountains wayyyy on the horizon. I can't figure out how to symbolize the sweltering heat, though. ;)

Reactions: ocpd8518 and KellyS

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Ok all, here are some additional regions for feedback! Chime in please!

Comments from artist (or for you artists out there, Are-teest):

"North= waterfalls and rocky terrain East= Hudson River/lake terrain Southeast=blue ridge mountains

I struggle with the south. Also open to ideas from the community. I'll get you some final PSDs of the ones you called out so we can get rolling."

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

DungeonWorksGarage

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bartlett tn
Member #

Ok all, here are some additional regions for feedback! Chime in please!

Comments from artist (or for you artists out there, Are-teest):

"North= waterfalls and rocky terrain East= Hudson River/lake terrain Southeast=blue ridge mountains

I struggle with the south. Also open to ideas from the community. I'll get you some final PSDs of the ones you called out so we can get rolling."

I like 19 myself

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

Northeast / New England Area

We are known for our Moose, The White Mountains & Ocean.

Thoughts NE people?

Thanks Michael

—————————

Hey Now!

Casey.Broach

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scranton SC
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Broach
Member #

I like the idea of the patches. I think they should have the area on them or else what is the point? Member numbers are also a good option for the members.

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

UPDATE: These are NOT badges! They are PATCHES! All badges will remain the same as they are now. Membership has one badge - they all look the same. These are patches for Members who want to represent their region as they travel.

Hi all,

We are creating new regional Overland Bound Patches!

If you get a chance give us some feedback on the patch sketches below. Any you particuliarly like? Other ideas? Throw a design in the mix? We want to hear from you!

Also, let us know if you would want your Overland Bound member number on the patch! See poll above!
Love #5.... looks like home.

Trail Wonky

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bellingham WA
Member #

Coolio! I like 3 and 5 for the Northwest. How many regions are you thinking? What about doing it by state, then you really know where someone is from. I like having the member number on there but would most likely increase cost. You guys are awesome, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.