Need Feedback - New Regional Overland Bound Patches

• HTML tutorial

Would you want your Member Number on the Patch?

• Yes

Votes: 87 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 17.1%

• Total voters

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Great idea, Michael! Question for you: All the designs are round. Is this to keep to the form/formula of the member medallion or because it's easier for supplier of patches? Reason I ask is because if you could do other shapes, round for one region, oval for another, triangular or 5 sided etc., you could easily identify in a crowd which region someone is from from a little bit of a distance.

Thoughts?
It is mostly for aesthetics, keeping the recognizable look of OB logos/badges, thought that doesn't mean we will forever shun other shapes. Squares are shapes too :)

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I like Midwest 12. leaving the member number off would save a lot of money and headaches. I've played that game, and don't envy anyone going into it.

Cavo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger II

Great Falls, VA, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Richard
Member #

Loved #8.....love them with the land. Plus, anytime you can show your membership #, that is cool, but if it would be easier for generic, go for that. Love the idea!

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

man those sketches are freaking legit!!!! I like em all and cant decided lol but ill definetly be getting one when they become available.

but looking closely at em I like 14, 5, and 9 reginonally.

as for southwest how about one with a more deserty back drop like death valley?

Travelatomoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Prince George, BC, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Riley
Member #

What an Excellent idea! Just thinking here i would say Canada has 5 main regions, Atlantic Canada, Northern Canada, Central Canada, Prairies and West Coast. So would there be 5 patches? Or would the patches be of our 1o provinces and 3 territories? The United States Census Bureau defines 4 statistical regions, with 9 divisions. So might there be the 4 regions patches? or 9 division patches? or the 50 state patches?

Or have i just made this way confusing? haha too many question marks for my liking but be interested to know how you will be coming up with which areas or regions to include for the patches.

Reactions: erinw.rrc

Overlanding Downunder

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Comollatti
Member #

Hey Steve, not necessarily "instead of". I was thinking something like this for travelled to states or home state:

View attachment 15920

But "stackable" one side would be "OB" One side state flag? Not sure about size. THis is all highly experimental at this stage, but something we are going to move on. M
I do not want to confuse the thread, but my thoughts would be have a Badges Patches as discussed in this thread.

But then also have the stackable Badges Patches. I would then buy a handful of the stackable Badges Patches, for my region, to give away to visitors. Now where have you been...

My other question, I do not know how this would work. But once a design has been approved for a region (country, eg Australia) would a local member (eg. staff) be given the design to have then made locally to cut down on cost. I would still pay for the Badges Patches. Just thinking of the overall cost outlay if a Badges Patch is made for every region/country.

Last edited: