Need Feedback - New Regional Overland Bound Patches

• HTML tutorial

Would you want your Member Number on the Patch?

• Yes

Votes: 87 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 17.1%

• Total voters

badmnky

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

PNW E. WA
Member #

I like #3, having the option for member number on the patch is awesome too.

Posted via mobile. OB# 3459

Reactions: Michael

chrispartida

Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

Really cool designs, and awesome sketches. I like a lot of them. That's tough to say, as I've been doing graphic design for over 16yrs. You got the eye. Ability to have member numbers as an option is cool. It seems like you have an embroidery source that can customize em at need as it is. Build a design that works with and without the #.

-Chris
OB# 3276
CP TACO

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

This is a great idea! Could members purchase a few different regions or is it locked by where their address is located? What is they have places in various regions? I am sure we can order what we want I would imagine.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
This is a great idea! Could members purchase a few different regions or is it locked by where their address is located? What is they have places in various regions? I am sure we can order what we want I would imagine.
You can have however many you want! Either home region, where you have traveled, or both!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
We're in the southwest region. The website is the only place that has the member map. And I believe its part of the top menu once your signed in.

Sent from my LG-K550 using OB Talk mobile app
Regions are not indicated on the Member Map, but that is a great idea. have to do that internationally too. I'll look into it!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey Steve, not necessarily "instead of". I was thinking something like this for travelled to states or home state:

unnamed (2).jpg

But "stackable" one side would be "OB" One side state flag? Not sure about size. THis is all highly experimental at this stage, but something we are going to move on.

M

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Hey Steve, not necessarily "instead of". I was thinking something like this for travelled to states or home state:

View attachment 15920

But "stackable" one side would be "OB" One side state flag? Not sure about size. THis is all highly experimental at this stage, but something we are going to move on.

M
Holland! :D

But that was about the only thing I wanted to note.. Drawings look kick ass but as OB is growing far outside the US we need some international ones as well!

Lassen

Rank V

Member III

Great idea, Michael! Question for you: All the designs are round. Is this to keep to the form/formula of the member medallion or because it's easier for supplier of patches? Reason I ask is because if you could do other shapes, round for one region, oval for another, triangular or 5 sided etc., you could easily identify in a crowd which region someone is from from a little bit of a distance.

Thoughts?