NEBDR in a 4WD

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

young

Rank 0

Contributor I

US
I am going to try the whole route from this Sat in my 4wd truck as my vacation starts. I dont see anyone could complete the whole route.

Reactions: Dusther210

gcanton

Rank 0

Contributor I

Putnam Valley, NY
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Canton
I just completed the first two legs of this with 3 of my friends who have adventure bikes. I followed them in my Grand Cherokee carrying all of our camping gear. In the past I have also done the beginning of the third leg. My takeaway is that it can be easily done in a 4x4. There were 2 spots that I couldn't have done, the first one on the first leg because a big tree was down, and it was too much for our electric chainsaw. The bikes probably could have gone underneath, but we found another route and went around. The second was on the 2nd leg, there is a built in go around, but we went the hard way first. There was a sign saying for cars to stay off because you will get stuck, my friends rode up a bit and said it would have been too narrow for me to get through, so we backtracked and just took the easy way which was still a great ride. All the roads on the route are public roads, and some are seasonal unmaintained forest roads. If you aren't comfortable going down them, just go around. Drive slowly and carefully, respect the people who live on these roads and it shouldn't be a problem. As for the route from MA on, I don't know if it's going to be the same.

RJ Howell

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I just completed the first two legs of this with 3 of my friends who have adventure bikes. I followed them in my Grand Cherokee carrying all of our camping gear. In the past I have also done the beginning of the third leg. My takeaway is that it can be easily done in a 4x4. There were 2 spots that I couldn't have done, the first one on the first leg because a big tree was down, and it was too much for our electric chainsaw. The bikes probably could have gone underneath, but we found another route and went around. The second was on the 2nd leg, there is a built in go around, but we went the hard way first. There was a sign saying for cars to stay off because you will get stuck, my friends rode up a bit and said it would have been too narrow for me to get through, so we backtracked and just took the easy way which was still a great ride. All the roads on the route are public roads, and some are seasonal unmaintained forest roads. If you aren't comfortable going down them, just go around. Drive slowly and carefully, respect the people who live on these roads and it shouldn't be a problem. As for the route from MA on, I don't know if it's going to be the same.
Great info! Thank you for reaching out!

Reactions: Dusther210