NE Georgia Traverse Sections Trip Report

• HTML tutorial

Louisiana Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ventress, Louisiana
Member #

I came very close to contacting you and going up there for the weekend. I have been wanting to do the entire traverse but being new to offroading/overlanding i am a bit intimidated by the trip. In particular, navigation/mapping. I just tecieved an ipad mini from my company as a service award and have the gaia app on it. Next step is to mount it in the rig and set it up with a blootooth gps reciever. Please post up if you plan on doing this again especially if its the entire traverse. Id definitely be up to going with a group to gain knowledge.

Vman1313 Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maysville, GA, USA
First Name
Vman1313
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

Alright Overland Bound Southeast Members who attended the Fen 2018 Meet and Ride...my Teaser Video is ready for viewing. I wanted to make a super short teaser video before my normal full length videos but with 12 rigs and a super cool creek crossing, the video ran longer than I wished. Having said that, I hope yall enjoy seeing your rig from a different perspective and in a real cool setting.
(I left OFF OB Numbers in the Teaser Video but will add them in full length video I make.)

tkt0912

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Space Coast, Florida
Member #

Alright Overland Bound Southeast Members who attended the Fen 2018 Meet and Ride...my Teaser Video is ready for viewing. I wanted to make a super short teaser video before my normal full length videos but with 12 rigs and a super cool creek crossing, the video ran longer than I wished. Having said that, I hope yall enjoy seeing your rig from a different perspective and in a real cool setting.
(I left OFF OB Numbers in the Teaser Video but will add them in full length video I make.)

Great footage!!!! Looks like y'all had a blast!!

Runamok

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gainesville, Florida
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4NWP

That’s a great video! Thanks so much for taking the time to film and edit this video. It’s really cool to be able to see ourselves riding by. My daughter wanted me to aske what you used for editing?

Reactions: WillRunner

Vman1313 Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maysville, GA, USA
First Name
Vman1313
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

It was my pleasure. I use Power Director 14 by Cyberlink. I find it easy to use and powerful enough to make videos look nice. I am certain there are better editors out there but out of all the ones I have used, this one has served its purpose well.

WillRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loganville, GA
Member #

I'm driving a Hummer H3, I just bought a set of Duratrac tires for it. I have a little bit of experience but its been about 8 years since.
I think you'll be fine, I have Duratracs also and did most of the trail in 2WD... I even did the water crossing in 2WD but wouldn't advise it if you haven't been wheeling in a while and/or out there alone (with no other vehicles that could help should an issue arise).
As far as mods, I think we had a stock truck or two out there and they had no issues... I believe your H3 stock has ~9.7" minimum ground clearance and 31"tires, the roads weren't badly rutted there were a few sections that were a little rocky but with the vehicle in 4Lo on those sections I think you'll be okay.

Vman1313 Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maysville, GA, USA
First Name
Vman1313
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

You should be fine. Most difficult part in my opinion will be Tray Mtn (Chimney Mtn) as it has some large ruts and some pretty good steps to conquer. If you are going from AL to SC then you will be going down the mtn which is easier in MY opinion though some say is easier going up. You can also bypass that section if you wish and continue on. Search YouTube for Tray Mtn or some spell it Trey Mtn (Mountain) and see for yourself before going out there. Have fun and if you have questions or need info or someone to ride with while you are up here...Just Holler!