Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Awesome... looks like it might be a close tie between the 4Runner/Tacos & the Heavy Chevys to claim majority rule.

Then there are the weirdos like me & @Jeffrey Dill wheeling in the family station wagons.
Somebody's got to drive the grocery-getters to carry all the Snack Packs and Capri Suns. :laughing:

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Okay, so before we go rolling out there, 15 rigs deep - it was decided that the trail needed to be checked out first. Jason - @JButtress - & I ran it today. And guess what?!? It’s AMAZING out there. Beautiful, only saw like 2 other cars. The trail is well maintained & the site down on the river is beautiful. We are going to be changing the meetup location to the actual park office. The trailhead originally planned was crazy packed w/ tour groups going to see the waterfalls. I will have full details w/ a fresh Gaia route ready by Monday. I marked a lot of waypoints on the map (mostly steep sections of trail) as well to help our new folks from sliding into someone else. The main trail recently just got some love from the state w/ some gravel. It’s a nice trail. There is an offshoot trail at about the halfway point that is tougher & more difficult for the rigs w/ the need to stretch their legs.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

John,
You want to meet up at about 07:00 at Top Golf and caravan out with Chris, CJ, I think Jason and I?
I'll miss out on this caravan. I'll be driving back from Nashville Friday morning from a work trip, so I'll be camping at Gorges Friday night and hopefully can reserve the campsite for all of us

Reactions: Staticline40

l_vandyke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dodgetown, NC, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Vandyke
Member #

I wished I had seen this sooner. I’ve never been down to that area of NC/SC. Unfortunately won’t be able to go this weekend