Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
Yeah, it’s got a lot of potential. I just have to get out & scope it out and figure a route on it before we try to get a group ride down it. I am going to have to only do day trips for a little bit until I can get a good new tent that will last me for a while. I just bought my spare wheel & tire set & I have a gentleman working on fabricating a spare tire carrier for me - so my monthly build budget category has been utilized until the 23rd. Adulting sucks.
Adulting does suck. I blew the rest of my budget on maintenance repairs and new glasses...one day I'll net over 20k. I won't be able to fund anymore upgrades this year.

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
I think one of us should just win the lottery. And then help everyone in the group deck out all their rigs. That would be easiest haha
I've gotta get some gas today anyways – I'll just go ahead and buy the winning lottery ticket while I'm at the station. I'll let you guys know after tomorrow night's drawing how much we have to spend. :sunglasses:

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I've gotta get some gas today anyways – I'll just go ahead and buy the winning lottery ticket while I'm at the station. I'll let you guys know after tomorrow night's drawing how much we have to spend. :sunglasses:
I'm not going to be too greedy about it... but I wouldn't be opposed to just a second stock Outback for daily driving and getting the Appalachia Wander Wagon on a platform more like this...
vnxk64v6ow931.jpg

dougie117

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Charlotte, NC
Member #

A few FS roads in Pisgah close to Brevard - 1206 or Yellow Gap Rd, 5000 or Wash Creek Rd, 476 or Wolf Ford Rd.

Unfortunately I'll be at the beach the weekend of the 7th and then as of now if the next meetup in October 5th I should be available.

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Ok, so Musterground is out for the September outing. I rode up there today and the gate was closed. It's a seasonal gate (hunting seasons) so it'll be open September through December and again in April. I can venture back up there sometime in September to scope out camping availability and maybe we can do it for our October outing.

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Just dawned on me that Overland Expo East is fast approaching - second weekend of October. We probably won't do a trip the first weekend since we'll be doing a long weekend for the expo.

Anyone else planning on going?

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
Just dawned on me that Overland Expo East is fast approaching - second weekend of October. We probably won't do a trip the first weekend since we'll be doing a long weekend for the expo.

We are debating. If we did we would have to camp offsite. Can’t afford what they are wanting for the “experience”.

Reactions: JButtress

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
We are debating. If we did we would have to camp offsite. Can’t afford what they are wanting for the “experience”.
We're thinking the same thing. The tickets that include camping are ridiculous. Especially considering that you're just camping in a big field. Unless you want to upgrade, for even more money, to camp in the woods.

Reactions: Msfitoy

Msfitoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greensboro NC
First Name
Sid
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
working on it

We are...don't have a RTT yet so we're staying in a hotel nearby...stopping in Saturday :grinning:

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

What ground clearance does Uwharrie require?
There are lot's of different trails. Many of which I saw stock mall crawlers running. Others were more technical than I would attempt. There are plenty of choices for most vehicles. As long as you are with other vehicles you will get the help you need to get around things or help in turning around.

It's a place that should not be missed. Lot's of good Utube videos to see what it's like.

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

I'm moving to Winston Salem the end of the month. After Overland Expo I'll join you on all adventures I can. Hopefully I'll meet you all at the expo.

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Wilson Creek was more of a glorified camping club and less Overlanding. I'm fresh out of ideas though. Someone else will have to step up to the plate.

The only trails I am eyeing right now are more to the west. The Georgia Traverse is calling out to me simply because the eastern start is close to where I am.

Reactions: JasKolp