Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Alright folks - let's get a plan together. We did Old NC 105 on June 29. We did Gorges on August 3. I like doing a Rally Point about every month. Let's try to make it a regular thing. As far as the date goes - I think the first weekend of the month would be a target. So that next one would be September 7. Who has a suggestion on where to go??

Reactions: THorner and JasKolp

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
September 7th is looking good for us. I'm going to head up to Musterground Mountain this weekend or next to scope out the trails and the trail-side camping options. I'll report back if it would be a good option for a camping outing or better for just a day trip to ride some trails.

Reactions: Sasquatch SC

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

September 7th is looking good for us. I'm going to head up to Musterground Mountain this weekend or next to scope out the trails and the trail-side camping options. I'll report back if it would be a good option for a camping outing or better for just a day trip to ride some trails.
Let me know, I'm down to head up there this weekend! Looks to maybe be some spots for me to FINALLY try to fly fish.

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
First weekend of each month works for me! I don't have places to suggest because I'm not familiar with where to go.

THorner

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Sharpsburg, NC, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Horner
Member #

First weekend of the month works for me too. There was mention of hwy 90, I took a look at that and it may be interesting.

Reactions: JButtress

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

First weekend of the month works for me too. There was mention of hwy 90, I took a look at that and it may be interesting.
Yeah, it’s got a lot of potential. I just have to get out & scope it out and figure a route on it before we try to get a group ride down it. I am going to have to only do day trips for a little bit until I can get a good new tent that will last me for a while. I just bought my spare wheel & tire set & I have a gentleman working on fabricating a spare tire carrier for me - so my monthly build budget category has been utilized until the 23rd. Adulting sucks.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Is uwharrie out of the question?
Uwharrie will still be pretty hot & muggy first weekend in September. Plus like Trey said, I think it’s more suited for serious Jeeps. I’m down for a camping trip at the lake there in the fall and then do the trails riding passenger in someone’s Jeep haha

Reactions: Sasquatch SC

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Yeah, it’s got a lot of potential. I just have to get out & scope it out and figure a route on it before we try to get a group ride down it. I am going to have to only do day trips for a little bit until I can get a good new tent that will last me for a while. I just bought my spare wheel & tire set & I have a gentleman working on fabricating a spare tire carrier for me - so my monthly build budget category has been utilized until the 23rd. Adulting sucks.
I think one of us should just win the lottery. And then help everyone in the group deck out all their rigs. That would be easiest haha