Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Are you in NC? I’m always up for a trip that’s not too crazy. Just a stock Silverado for me with a leveling kit.
I’m in the proper Carolina, but I’m on the border to that other Carolina and I am always ready for a trip. Benefits of being a bachelor I suppose. Hurricane Creek has been calling my name as well as a few others in the area. Of course I’m also game if some people from this group would like to plan an adventure out of the area to somewhere like the Georgia Traverse for a weekend trip. We gotta do what we can before we run out of summer!!

Sartorius

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

Always welcome bud. I am having to take this trip w/o any skidplates on my car at all - they don’t arrive until 7/1.

I’m looking forward to a nice drive to the top & then drinking a nice adult beverage or two while I survey the gorge beneath me like a nobleman.

That is the best way! I'm waiting on my OME lift , and an engine rebuild. I've developed a wrist pin knock recently or a loud lifter or a broken piston kilt sadly.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I’m in the proper Carolina, but I’m on the border to that other Carolina and I am always ready for a trip. Benefits of being a bachelor I suppose. Hurricane Creek has been calling my name as well as a few others in the area. Of course I’m also game if some people from this group would like to plan an adventure out of the area to somewhere like the Georgia Traverse for a weekend trip. We gotta do what we can before we run out of summer!!
I’m new to NC so I’m not sure what proper Carolina is lol. But I’m in Charlotte and also a bachelor. So I’m always up for something

Reactions: Sasquatch SC

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I’m new to NC so I’m not sure what proper Carolina is lol. But I’m in Charlotte and also a bachelor. So I’m always up for something
I’m about an hour west of Charlotte. I’m just south of the state line in a rural area.

Don’t read too much into which the proper Carolina is... 1 of my mares was giving birth to a new foal this afternoon & I was trying to soothe the mama while the vets did their thing. I got caught hit right in the mouth by the mama’s giant head in the process. Right now I have a swollen mouth, busted lip & a missing front tooth. The doctors have me on some pain meds that are making me talk out of my ass. I’m afraid of opioids so the pills they gave me dulls the pain, but hasn’t made me sleepy.

Reactions: JButtress

Sartorius

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

I would love a I 40 to max patch run.

Reactions: DirtPoorOverland

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I’m about an hour west of Charlotte. I’m just south of the state line in a rural area.

Don’t read too much into which the proper Carolina is... 1 of my mares was giving birth to a new foal this afternoon & I was trying to soothe the mama while the vets did their thing. I got caught hit right in the mouth by the mama’s giant head in the process. Right now I have a swollen mouth, busted lip & a missing front tooth. The doctors have me on some pain meds that are making me talk out of my ass. I’m afraid of opioids so the pills they gave me dulls the pain, but hasn’t made me sleepy.
Ouch...doesn’t sound like a good time at all

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I would love a I 40 to max patch run.
I’m definitely down for another run on that one. The last time I went was the shakedown run after I had just installed my lift and tires on the new rig. I’d like to see how the battle wagon performs now that I don’t have to worry as much & I’ve added the steel skid plates, Bilstein shocks, springs & bull bar!!

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Ouch...doesn’t sound like a good time at all
Not ideal. Can’t get into the dentist until next week when the swelling subsides.

I’m too educated & I hold no inappropriate interest in my relatives or animals to pull off the hillbilly look.

I’m much too round in the middle to pull off the meth head look.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I’m definitely down for another run on that one. The last time I went was the shakedown run after I had just installed my lift and tires on the new rig. I’d like to see how the battle wagon performs now that I don’t have to worry as much & I’ve added the steel skid plates, Bilstein shocks, springs & bull bar!!
Think I’d make it ok on that run with a Silverado on a leveling kit and stock tires? Hoping to get some new tires this summer at some point

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Think I’d make it ok on that run with a Silverado on a leveling kit and stock tires? Hoping to get some new tires this summer at some point
Yeah, we should be able to get you up. Robert Graham, @Graham1298, went up w/ me on my first trip there & he has a full-size rig. His is modified up, but there were a few tight sections that were tough maneuvering. For any sketchy spots we should be able to get you across w/ some recovery plates. No problems. Pick a weekend & let me know.
If it makes you feel more confident about it... I made it up on Easter weekend after several days of rain while driving a station wagon. [emoji6][emoji6]

Thatsilver100

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Greensboro, NC, USA
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Lankford
Member #

Hey! I'm new to overland bound and would love to meet some local people. I'm located in Greensboro NC and would be up for meeting up over the weekend.

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Hey! I'm new to overland bound and would love to meet some local people. I'm located in Greensboro NC and would be up for meeting up over the weekend.
Definitely man. We are meeting at 10 on Saturday. You can find the rally point with the applicable coordinates by clicking HERE! If you have any questions feel free to reach out and we'll get you taken care of.

Thatsilver100

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Greensboro, NC, USA
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Lankford
Member #

Definitely man. We are meeting at 10 on Saturday. You can find the rally point with the applicable coordinates by clicking HERE! If you have any questions feel free to reach out and we'll get you taken care of.
I definitely would man but the wide and I have already made plans to go to URE this weekend. I'm trying to see if she wants to do this instead though!